Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m.lowe
    Spot on there
    I do agree that Plato has been in his fair share of scrapes, but have they gone without punishment? I think not. Jonny Adam made a mistake - its the job of the car behind to avoid the one in front, that mistake enabled him to pass which resulted in victory. It is unfair for anybody to win a race that way, although I am glad that the stewards only penalised him enough for him to finish second. Adam is a very talented driver and will clearly be challenging for wins this year.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bollons
    I do agree that Plato has been in his fair share of scrapes, but have they gone without punishment? I think not. Jonny Adam made a mistake - its the job of the car behind to avoid the one in front, that mistake enabled him to pass which resulted in victory. It is unfair for anybody to win a race that way, although I am glad that the stewards only penalised him enough for him to finish second. Adam is a very talented driver and will clearly be challenging for wins this year.
    I think that's a very fair assessment.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S
    100% agree... Plato braked for pete sake... still about the only way a chavy can win is by official interference
    If you look at the video footage i dont see any brake lights on Plato's car...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M4T VW
    You can if look close, just as Plato reaches the end of the pitwall before the 100 metre mark. The sun is shining so its hard to see clearly.
    liveries.batracer.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And where was it on other laps?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this is a very simalar incident to the Collard Neal crash on 06 except this time the driver of the spining car saved it.
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M4T VW
    If you look at the footage taken from the camera between paddock and druids, Platos rear wheel locks before Adam hit him. Plato braked very early that lap.

Plato knew what he was doing, he has been racing these cars since 1997. It was Jonny Adams first meeting, he didn't stand a chance.

Having looked at the video of the incident today, I definitely feel that Plato did absolutely nothing deliberate and that Adam could have avoided the collision. But an incident such as this will always provoke controversy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think to be fair, its only part 1 of 10 so we shouldn't go over analysing everything now when there's still a full season ahead Although I am a major supporter of Johnny and I know him and that's not how he races, he never has done either (the whole shunting business).

Quote Originally Posted by Mamnes
    I think to be fair, its only part 1 of 10 so we shouldn't go over analysing everything now when there's still a full season ahead Although I am a major supporter of Johnny and I know him and that's not how he races, he never has done either (the whole shunting business).
    Oh, I'm sure it wasn't deliberate on his part either.