Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    ^I wouldnt say best equiped factory, certainly in terms of simulation technology McLaren is by far ahead of everyone still. Minnow, definitely not but they are an indipendant team now, just like Williams, and its good to see them doing well.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    ^I wouldnt say best equiped factory, certainly in terms of simulation technology McLaren is by far ahead of everyone still.
    Not that far ahead surely since their simulations told McLaren that their new car would be pretty quick, something not borne out on the track. It was interesting to see McLaren do so many airflow tests on their car to see if the air really was flowing where they thought it was during winter testing.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

Scary Movie

"Very interesting piece on the Guardian site today, quoting a Brawn team ‘insider’ talking about how much faster the car is capable of going than we saw on Sunday.

It’s interesting because Ross will not like this very much at all. He didn’t get where he is today by giving anything away and this gives a bit too much away.

I posted on this before the race and it makes sense, you never rub people’s noses in it in F1, that kind of behaviour will always come back to bite you.

“I think we have a little bit in the bag. We’ve got good stuff coming and I think we have reason to be confident.”
    http://allenonf1.wordpress.com/2009/...lls-the-beans/
    May the forza be with you

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Their 97 car was basically the same car that they had in 96 (which was based on the Benetton) with some new bits here and there.
    The 1996 Ligier wasn't really competitive. Alright, Panis won a race in unusual circumstances, but on most circuits they really couldn't challenge for points on merit. However, this is what Ligier's successor Prost did a lot in 1997 and managed to challenge even for podiums on merit. If the car itself wasn't much of an improvement, as you say, should we then conclude that most of Prost's rise in competitiveness in '97 was down to tyres (newcomer Bridgestone)? In 1998, however, even the superior tyres didn't help Prost any more...