Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    His name , in cheers from the crowd , is Rubinho .

I try to spell correctly , and wouldn't think of using a spell check feature . I'm old school , man . It's dictionary city for me .
    Damn new fangled button things just don't have the feel of the page .
    I get a good laugh out of some of the spelling and grammatical errors here , but I won't chide anyone for language .
    As long as the post can get the point across , I don't really see a problem .

I'll tell you what irks me .
    It's the damned announcers that can't seem to say Robert Kubica's name correctly .
    In fact , I don't think I've ever heard his name spoken correctly by any announcer yet .

I certainly don't think it's worth getting all mad about .
    I wouldn't spend my capitol letters on it . They cost more , don't they ?

Of course , I could be completely wrong here , as maybe spelling Rubens with an "i" is really , really insulting in Brazil(or is that Brasil?) .

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryM
    I never understood if this was a joke or just a mistake, so many people here call him rubins..
    but I make mistakes with foreign names to...
    (and my english is bad)
    We have too many people here who care more about spelling than having a nice, friendly and often humorous chat in the forum, I zuppoze
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I remember posting a similar thread about MacLaren / McClaren / McLeran / Maclaren.

It's not difficult, is it?
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    I'll tell you what irks me .
    It's the damned announcers that can't seem to say Robert Kubica's name correctly .
    In fact , I don't think I've ever heard his name spoken correctly by any announcer yet .
    It should be the case that at the start of the year, the drivers teach the commentators how to pronounce their name. Then have a "swear box" of sorts for everytime we get a Koo-bik-a.

Getting names wrong is a pet hate of mine though, the amount of times a company has sent me a letter with my surname spelt wrongly is just annoying . Just read what I put on the damn form!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Sorry, but it had to be done.

An ellipses should only be used to indicate a trail off into silence, an unfinished thought or an omission of text.
    Or really bad keyboard bounce...
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    I dislike that Rubins thing too.....more so when commentators get names wrong during F1 races, don't these guys actually do any sort of prep work?

It happens all the time in Football too(especially with sh*t channels like Ten Sports over here)
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    I dislike that Rubins thing too.....more so when commentators get names wrong during F1 races, don't these guys actually do any sort of prep work?

It happens all the time in Football too(especially with sh*t channels like Ten Sports over here)
    Yeah!! they should learn how to pronounce bunsen.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    Your right, langauge is the currency we deal with here on forums, people should know how to use a spellchecker for the unfortunate affliction of dyslexia or simple research copy and paste in the event of spelling someones name correctly. I've known the correct spelling is Rubbens, for years...
    His name is Rubens, just one b.

With reference to spellcheckers, When Christian Klien signed for Jaguar in 2004 a lot of people, including some of the major F1 related websites were calling him Christian Klein, the reason, MS Word's spellchecker listed Klien as a misspelled word and suggested Klein as an alternative.

In the theme of misspelled names and words, Kimi's last name (using an English keyboard) is Raikkonen not Raikonnen

Also its sponsor not sponser, in fact wasn't sponser a censored word in this forum?
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Who cares, Walter!! Who cares!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I know what you mean but I do it with every foreign driver.

Then again, every second of all top drivers are Finns :
    We Finns do speak foreign languages better than most Europeans, it's down to that.
    “Leave me alone!”