Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Hej din gamla Finn, now you add the number 28mm for a förbannade restriktor!
    Is that going to be the rule?

If that's so then the fun is over.

The old Mazda 323 made about 240 hp max but in those days it was a 40mm rule and the 1600 seemed not to mind it as much as 2,0 motors.

But remember as always, what gets in thru the restrictor is one thing, what the motor does after (cams, compression ratio) is another and what the gearbox and axle ratios do to multiply torque is yet another.
    Hej hej, vurpan. Sċ säger dom jävla reglerna. Titta själv om du inte tror mig (artikel 304-2, sida 10).

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/AC5311D1EC4418A7C12574FF0052C049/$FILE/260D%20(2009)-15112008.pdf
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF
    Hej hej, vurpan. Sċ säger dom jävla reglerna. Titta själv om du inte tror mig (artikel 304-2, sida 10).

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/AC5311D1EC4418A7C12574FF0052C049/$FILE/260D%20(2009)-15112008.pdf
    Ċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċ Paska.

I believe you, man, I don't believe FISArna.
    28mm.....

What were they thinking..............oi oi oi oi...

OK that's it, it will cost MORE now.
    Those gawddam restrictors are a huge expense. I believe the 34mm restrictor has driven a lot of the bad changes we have seen since the early to mid 90s particularly the insanely expensive sequential paddle shift gearboxes.

John Taylor at Ford Motorsport suggested in the late 90s that the rules should be changed to make the gearbox used be only a series production gearbox from a series of 25,000 min.

He suggested that that way the car factories would be forced to make a production run of good strong gearboxes and they would be forced to get them reliable. And at 25,000 units the cost would be lower enough that eventually even I could afford one.

He also suggested 2,0 non turbos and he said ''to those who say performance would suffer with 2,0 motors and series production gearboxes I suggest they simply look at the many Japanese high performance road motorcycles. They make power similar in output to our engines and their gearboxes last 10s of thousands of miles''

Now that would be interesting because for the first time since the early GpA days the man on the street could get a car very close to what was rallied by works teams--------and when rally was most popular was when things appeared closest.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Ċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċċ Paska.

I believe you, man, I don't believe FISArna.
    28mm.....

What were they thinking..............oi oi oi oi...

OK that's it, it will cost MORE now.
    Those gawddam restrictors are a huge expense. I believe the 34mm restrictor has driven a lot of the bad changes we have seen since the early to mid 90s particularly the insanely expensive sequential paddle shift gearboxes.

John Taylor at Ford Motorsport suggested in the late 90s that the rules should be changed to make the gearbox used be only a series production gearbox from a series of 25,000 min.

He suggested that that way the car factories would be forced to make a production run of good strong gearboxes and they would be forced to get them reliable. And at 25,000 units the cost would be lower enough that eventually even I could afford one.

He also suggested 2,0 non turbos and he said ''to those who say performance would suffer with 2,0 motors and series production gearboxes I suggest they simply look at the many Japanese high performance road motorcycles. They make power similar in output to our engines and their gearboxes last 10s of thousands of miles''

Now that would be interesting because for the first time since the early GpA days the man on the street could get a car very close to what was rallied by works teams--------and when rally was most popular was when things appeared closest.
    Completely agree. I can't understand why the teams/FiA can't se this. The cars Rallied bear no resemblance to what you and I can buy from a showroom.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???