Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1
    my pictures from iepres

http://www.rallyepics.at/bilder/rall...17ypernrallye/

must say i was a bit dissapointed how difficult it was to work as fotografer in belgium....

but the rallye itself was great and spectacular, the service park is the best i have ever seen and belgium as a country is very interesting with a lot of historic places!

reg

wrc1
    Welcome to Belgium!

The ... safety rules (fill in the adjective yourself ) in that part of the country obliges that red/white tape at every corner, at least 10m away from the road. As it's described in the law as a "zone", it should be taped as a square, hence the tape along the road. However, the reason why they have to zigzag the tape in the zone escapes me. It's annoying for photographers, it slows down people who need to cross the area, it's more work to remove. the tape along the road is quite useless too, surely everyone understands where to stand with one bit of tape. I tried one of the press areas, I abandoned that idea soon enough, seems they though photographers like pics taken behind a concrete pole, tape and advertising signs. The only way to get something decent is avoiding them, and possibly the "public areas" too.

The rules are more relaxed in the south, you're more likely to see the opposite (although they're getting the hang of it too).

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Well, in Flanders red/white tape is something that is obliged by the governement and that is just how it is. I even heard the color should be red/white by law! The size of safety zones in also defined by law.

The problem with Ypres Rally is that it is one of the biggest in Flanders and it is taken as an example for the others: if they can't do it right, why would others be possible to do so? In '95 someone hit spectators and one was killed in Ypres, since then it's going this way. It was a tragic accident, but the green parties try to take advantage of it (and other accidents of course) to forbid rallying in general, cause it fits in there green mind.

This is a bit of history why it has become the way it is. It looks and probably is over sized, but I'm sure it has saved lives and maybe the sport as well, for now.
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Ok Juha, you were faster then me
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    A lot of action and slides in a video from rally-mad.com althouh I don't like that editing very much.

http://www.rallye-mad.com/html/_.html
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Now you come to ,mention it,, The Lille stage, for the competitor side, did not seam to have do much tape,, real nice stage, and complete with arrows !!!

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Tim, don't You want to try another specific tarmac event in august - Barum?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    My video of Irc Ypres Belgium Rally is on line : http://planetemarcus.free.fr/ypresrallyirc09.htm

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]Tim, don't You want to try another specific tarmac event in august - Barum?
    The Barum has crossed our minds ,,
    But squeezing the budget !! to do either the IRC round in northern Spain early Sept, or WRC Spain in early October !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    and some more Photos from my side including Shakedown

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3665370...7620252010270/

Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MK2 BDG
    The Barum has crossed our minds ,,
    But squeezing the budget !! to do either the IRC round in northern Spain early Sept, or WRC Spain in early October !!!
    You were talking the same last year... Forgot Spain and come to Zlin