Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMSAFAN1
    I can't blame those people for trying to cheat.....With Nascar and their "we'll write the rule book on a race by race basis" It's no wonder people every year try something. Again with Nascar and their backwoods mentality..they should really try to concentrate on other things such as trying to make their new cash cow abit more racey. Toyota isn't going to like the fact that someone is going to tell them how to build their cars and they have never heard of any other series where they take someone's car away for a rules violation. It doesn't matter...all they'll do is is put a "on call" sign on top and have the thing driving around in New York city.

Nevermind.
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    as per some dude on the racingone messageboard:

NASCAR's Jim Hunter just announced that the Daytona 500 qualifying times for Matt Kenseth and Kasey Kahne have been disallowed for unapproved aerodynamic modifications. Fines and/or penalties to follow. Rather than a hefty fine, say, $75,000 and 50 NEXTEL Cup points, or even send the crew chief home for a few races, NASCAR might consider a new approach. Withdraw the automatic top 35 qualification for Daytona and additional events. That way, Kenseth and Kahne would have to race their way in to the Daytona 500 field in the Gatorade Duel. It would also open the door to two additional drivers without the exemption. With drivers of the calibre of Kenseth and Kahne, that might not sound very drastic. But, say, if they got caught up in a crash -- or even hung out in the draft -- sending them home from the Daytona 500 would really make a point for NASCAR -- both this weekend, and in the future.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it's not surprising to see the 55 team attempt something "outside the box", but i don't get it with the 9 and 17. at this point i'd say those are the flagship cars for Evernham and Roush respectively. why wouldn't they try something like that on another car in their team. losing the top 35 exemption would be an excellent penalty for any cheating situation, Nascar would send a serious message to teams by levying a penalty such as that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djarumdudley
    it's not surprising to see the 55 team attempt something "outside the box", but i don't get it with the 9 and 17. at this point i'd say those are the flagship cars for Evernham and Roush respectively. why wouldn't they try something like that on another car in their team. losing the top 35 exemption would be an excellent penalty for any cheating situation, Nascar would send a serious message to teams by levying a penalty such as that.
    I don't see why the 17 and 9 would cheat either. It should be interesting to see what they decide to do. They said it was as bad as what Chad did last year, so they should get the exact same penalty as he did imo. The only problem is that they will want to make an example of them at the start of the year and it could be worse.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

re: cheat

More on subject again.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...notebook_x.htm

You can beat neither Crew chiefs will be around come eace day....
    CREWDAWG
    :burnout: Nascar Speed :burnout:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/crewdawg3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Matt Kenseth & Kasey Kahne WILL race in the Daytona 500 even if they fail to finish in the Duel race.
    BOTH drivers are in cars that are IN the top 35 in Owner's Points.
    They are guaranteed starting spots no matter where they finish in their Duel race.
    The bottom line is that they both WILL race in the Daytona 500 !
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Wait, no rule violation from #48? hock: :
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    Wait, no rule violation from #48? hock: :
    A little to early.
    Davey Allison #28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilieangel489
    I don't see why the 17 and 9 would cheat either. It should be interesting to see what they decide to do. They said it was as bad as what Chad did last year, so they should get the exact same penalty as he did imo. The only problem is that they will want to make an example of them at the start of the year and it could be worse.
    I don't understand the #9 and #17 either. I agree with you on the penalties too.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well,the thing I like about Nascar so far is the they are not playing any favorites,you get caught,pay the price,now as of when I am writing this post no penalty's have been dispenced right?
    Hail to the Redskins Hail Victory
    Art Monk and Darrell Green 2008 Hall of Fame