Hybrid View

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Alberto Ascari's Record Of 9 Wins In A Row

Between the 5 June 1952 (Belgian GP) and 21 June 1953 (Belgian GP), Alberto Ascari drove 9 times in a row as the winner over the finish line. But I think, this record is not really a record. Because there was the Indy 500 which was won by Bill Vukovich on 30 May 1953.

I know not all F1 drivers took part at the Indy 500 but it was part of the F1 championship. So the record doesn't count as a record in my opinion.

What do you think?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I had forgotten all about that.

That is some record for Seb and as you say it was always unlikely he would win his 10th given the huge changes.

Its nice to have a piece of F1 history that is shared between the very earliest days of F1 and the very most recent.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    "Its nice to have a piece of F1 history that is shared between the very earliest days of F1 and the very most recent."

Very well put, I agree totally with this assessment. I notice that the record site I consult now lists Ascari's steak of 7, still second with Schumacher, with an note explaining the Indy issue. That I also agree with.