View Poll Results: Do you like the new Points-System ?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 8.77%
  • No

104 91.23%
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

Point system change announced!

According to the live news feed on BBC Sport website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7948455.stm
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hmm, so instead of accepting the FOTA (12-9-etc.) proposal, a very sensible one IMO, they've gone for some sort of b*stardised hybrid of Bernie's "medals" wet-dream and the existing system?

This is yet more unnecessary confusion, how will the standings be displayed then? With the points as usual but with some arbitrary switcharound should someone have more wins than the points leader?

This makes the old "dropped scores" thing (the exception that proves the rule that everything in F1 used to be better and more straightforward), look sensible!

The whole sport is becoming more and more like a girl you love to bits but keeps stretching your tolerance, doing things that make it harder and harder for you to stay with them...

What I want to know though is whatever happened to that fans survey promised by Ron Dennis on behalf of FOTA at his talk at the Autosport show?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Now that's interesting news.
    Wins will decide the champion and as of 2010 there will be a budget cap of £30million?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Hmm, so instead of accepting the FOTA (12-9-etc.) proposal, a very sensible one IMO, they've gone for some sort of b*stardised hybrid of Bernie's "medals" wet-dream and the existing system?
    Yeah, something along those lines, a half arsed points system.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    What? This is completely stupid. They are going off wins, and points. How compeltely bizarre.

So we could have a driver winning the championship because they have the most wins and yet still be behind in the points table.

Complete madness. Either go for a totally position based system or a points system not both!!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This new "points" system is ridiculous. I've been looking forward to the season so much these last couple of weeks hoping we can have maybe a repeat of last season, but this development has just sucked out so much of my excitement because I bet there's little next to no chance we're going to see a repeat of the drama of last season. Thanks FIA for a completely moronic decision.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stupid Squared

Am I drunk or did the last two seasons come down to ONE point? Yeah, that's far too boring. Just think, if this were the system in place last year, Brazil would have been a forgone conclusion all day. I sure did find it bothersome to not know who was going to win the Championship until the final corners. Thank God that will never happen again.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    new points system i don't like, it does not reward for a full season. concerivabley this year a Brawn could well win the first few races before getting swallowed up by the pack, which then split the wins 1 or 2 each between several teams. therefore Button or Barichello could end up world champ after winning 3 or 4 races and everyone else beats them in the points table but only wins 1 or 2 races each - madness!

as for the optional £30m budget cap, allowing teams to have less restrictive rules, i can see this being the mots contentious thing ever in F1.

budget reductions and sensible points systems as put forward by the teams would be great, this threatens to overshadow the promise of one of the most exciting seasons in recent history.

i don't think a lot of the fans will choose to recognise a "most wins" champ, especially if the points scoring system is kept in pace in the background
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Once again F1 shoots itself in the foot....
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I woke up sick to my stomach today, and I didn't know why.

Now I do. I was really looking forward to the season and now I wonder if I should care at all

3-17-09 could be known as the day F1 died.
    Formula Platypus 2012