Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Lightbulb "Project LMP1: Acura's Next Challenge" on Speed Channel

An hour long segment featuring Acura's 2009 P1 contender is now playing on Speed. For anyone wanting to see it, it'll replay again on 3/19 at 8PM Eastern and several more times on 3/20 and 3/21.

The most interesting thing thus far is that the front wheels and tires are the same size as the rears.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and predict that Acura will win some P1 races in this, their first year in the category. :
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I expect Acura to win all P1 ALMS races in 2009 except for Sebring, Petit, and Laguna
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up. I dont have a DVR but it will be a busy time for DVD recorder.
    Truth in 24 (Audi documentary) will be on ESPN on 3/20 8:00PM EST also.

download intro part here:
    http://www.truthin24.com/#/the_trailers/
    http://www.truthin24.com/#/downloads/

"Truth in 24" on 3/20 - gotcha. Thanks!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    I expect Acura to win all P1 ALMS races in 2009 except for Sebring, Petit, and Laguna

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    theres a feature in this weeks autosport about the LMP1 Acura, explains about the whole rears on the front and not going for the derv route.

i hope it does well, i think its ugly but looks good at the same time...

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I hope that it wins as many races as possible, and I hope that Gil de Ferran will become LMP 1 champion
    A question to the knowledgeable fans. Is Acura going to race at Le Mans and if no, why?
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm excited about the P1 war as well . Great yardstick for the year . I think I'm just as jazzed about P2 and GT2 . I've become a huge Dyson fan , and I think the Lola coupe is dead sexy . They got ripped off by Porsche last year and I would like to see them with a few class wins this year . GT2 has me excited about the also rans (Panos , the Ford GT , the Viper , and the M3's as apposed to the teams with the Porsche and Ferrari backing)Its almost like a GT3 class in the GT2 class . ps ... I would love to see Clint Field shock the world and get on the podium with that cool old Lola . He made a pass of both race leading RS Spyders on a re-start at Road America that was a thing of bueaty . I'll probably have to wait for the next race for that wish due to the hard hitting europeans in the field , but one can dream big!!!!
    :dozey: Behold the power of cheese;)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As much as I like Acura,I dont think they well do much this year,during the show I think they had too many issues to correct.But it was a good show to see the behind the scenes on a race team and what it takes to run it.
    Hail to the Redskins Hail Victory
    Art Monk and Darrell Green 2008 Hall of Fame

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    I use this thread to unfortuneately bring bad news in Le Mans/ALMS world: Highcroft Racing and HPD...it's over !!!!
    After so many successful seasons in LMP2, a nice start in LMP1 this year(12h of Sebring)...finally they won't be coming to Le Mans 2011 and they simply stop
    Press release on http://www.highcroftracing.com/

I'm afraid HONDA LMP1 program comes to an end too, as Highcroft was their official developpment team...

What will do David Brabham and Marino Franchitti now ???