Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 133

Thread: Kris Meeke

  1. #11
    Superb perfomance. He simply obliterated the opposition on Friday. I think you will see more of Meeke with WRC going S2000. He is stunningly quick, always has been.

    If he has had one fault in the past it was never allowed himself to being beaten by anyone. You can be sure of one thing, if Hanninen is quicker, even if it is the Skoda that is quicker, Meeke will not take it laying down.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Abergavenny
    Posts
    528
    Like
    3
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    Superb perfomance. He simply obliterated the opposition on Friday. I think you will see more of Meeke with WRC going S2000. He is stunningly quick, always has been.

    If he has had one fault in the past it was never allowed himself to being beaten by anyone. You can be sure of one thing, if Hanninen is quicker, even if it is the Skoda that is quicker, Meeke will not take it laying down.
    His manager was Colin McRae, and i see some of the great one in Meeke.
    Lets hope he dose not push too hard.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Sunny Sunderland
    Posts
    11,318
    Like
    27
    Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Yes he's not bad is he.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,073
    Like
    636
    Liked 1,027 Times in 560 Posts
    Well, Guy Wilks thinks he is faster than Meeke and Hanninen!

    To be honest, I would be surprised if Meeke was faster than Hanninen on gravel, but yes, it is stupid to say that Hanninen will be much faster when we haven't seen any recent comparison between them on loose surfaces.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    4,567
    Like
    399
    Liked 383 Times in 209 Posts
    What are the plans of Mr Meeke in 2012 ?
    Is he still under Prodrive contract, but will not drive any WRC rallies for them ?
    Are there any plans from Mini to drive a RRC/SP version of the Mini in IRC ?

    If he are not in Prodrives plans, why does he not leave, and try to get something else together ?
    www.parcferme.no

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    82
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think maybe if there is 5% chance of getting another free rally in a top car then he will stay put. I dont beleive Kris from what I read has the ability to paying a ten thousand euro tyre bill for an event or even to hire a top spec car so thats why he stay in place now.

    Where else is he going to go, maybe Volkswagen but I think his chances there would be poor since they evaluate so many and already have one expensive driver, they may choose to go for a free but relatively unproven fast new comer or they might take on the like of Dani if he brings money.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,156
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kris is a very rare commodity in rally these days; he is both a smooth/fast driver and a trained mechanical engineer. It would be sensible for any team that wants to develop its cars to hire him asap! However, I read he has a contract with Prodrive for 2013. As it appears there are no better offers I think he would probably sit tight this year and try to be part of whatever Prodrive do next year. I hope he will do GB at least this year.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,416
    Like
    285
    Liked 484 Times in 225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCS14

    Where else is he going to go, maybe Volkswagen but I think his chances there would be poor since they evaluate so many and already have one expensive driver, they may choose to go for a free but relatively unproven fast new comer or they might take on the like of Dani if he brings money.
    Forget that. U really think VW doesn't have the money to pay a second driver. VW can hire anybody with a high salary, it's a factory team and it's VAG who's selling over the whole world, they will never get a cheap thing, they will get the best thing available no matter the cost.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    1,798
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    Kris is a very rare commodity in rally these days; he is both a smooth/fast driver and a trained mechanical engineer. It would be sensible for any team that wants to develop its cars to hire him asap! However, I read he has a contract with Prodrive for 2013. As it appears there are no better offers I think he would probably sit tight this year and try to be part of whatever Prodrive do next year. I hope he will do GB at least this year.
    Definetly a mechanic

    I must say I liked this

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpqfcNlYMsM

    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,156
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    Definetly a mechanic

    I must say I liked this

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpqfcNlYMsM

    I wish Dave had taken Kris' skills into account when deciding the drivers for this year. If Dave was worried about Kris crashing he should look at these videos of Kris at Ypres in 2009. Very mature performance and smooth driving indeed:

    Ypres Rally Day One Report - YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtZEA...ure=plpp_video

    He can put on good drives when he wants to.

    That is a very creepy video that makes for slightly uncomfortable viewing. I saw something similar in Rally NZ 2002 where a weird old guy started fiddling with the nuts off one of Marcus Gronholm's tyres. Marcus didn't ignore him like Kris does here. He went off his nut and used some very sharp language.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •