Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Wade....as I am the driver of a big rig, and I travel through your state a couple of times a month, I am glad you don't have a rig. I would be happier still if you didn't treat stuff like speed limits and the rules of the road as something that dulls down your driving experience.

You want to drive like a loon? Go get an old car and enter demo derbies....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey, i may enter a demo berbie, someday, becouse i think they look like fun, but i also really like cool fast cars that i think we should be abel to drive wide open on the freeway without the fear of a stupid ticket
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Wade....go to a racing school. Go fast in the middle of no where. Don't do it on the interstate.....it is clear you don't quite get it....

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    The film was shot by the driver's brother and he phoned during a TV debate. He claims his brother exaggerated but didn't hurt anybody ( as if it could be an excuse ). He said that most drivers use to cut their nails, arrange hair, etc. during travels and the driving was safe cos the truck has an automatic pilot system. He also claims that his brother has a legal licence and passed the psichological tests without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    That's why I prefer taking the train every time I visit Romania, people back there should have an intelligence test before being granted a driving license.

PS: Last year I went by car for the first time after 9 years, and it was the most stressful journey I had in many years. You need to avoid other's stupidity at least once every 15 minutes.
    Sorry but I think you've noticed the idiot was driving abroad so you're not perfectly safe anywhere. He can't do such things at home for at least 2 reasons: lack of freeways and the numberless holes in the asphalt.
    But I reckon at home we have other kind of "smkr" :

http://www.realitatea.net/video_5888...na_426956.html

Need I say that in Romania traffic keeps to the right?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It gets Better Gadjo. This doofus is now internationally famous. I was sitting in a Flying J truckstop eating dinner and the "O'Reilly Factor" on Fox was on ( for those unaware, in the restaurants in Flying J's you either have a tv on Fox or CNN all the time). In his "pinhead or patriot" segment at the end of the show, he played about 20 seconds of this ding dong and I just about fell out of my chair laughing recognizing him immediately. Apparently the Romanian police have figured out who he is and they are just trying to figure out what laws he broke and how fast they can take his trucking license away from him.....oh yes, he was a "pinhead" of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Apparently the Romanian police have figured out who he is and they are just trying to figure out what laws he broke and how fast they can take his trucking license away from him.....oh yes, he was a "pinhead" of course!!
    I think that in this case romanian police has its hands tied because the law wasn't broken on romanian teritory.
    It's funny that in our media the driver is called "Tarzan ", don't know if it's his real nickname or they called him because he acts like a monkey.

Just for fun, after Tarzan- the dancing driver now we have a "Pavarotti" driver. On his cap it's written "Legea" meaning The Law. If you get bored my his vocals jump directly to the last 1,3 min. when the rhythm gets faster.

http://stirileprotv.ro/exclusiv/stir...pavarotti.html

P.S. On morning news I watched a driver who was illiterate and didn't know any of the traffic signs.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Now I can't understand Romanian, but I guess in campina means in the countryside? How come there was such a huge traffic jam in the countryside?!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew

Now I can't understand Romanian, but I guess in campina means in the countryside? How come there was such a huge traffic jam in the countryside?!
    Campina is the name of a very nice town at about 90 km north of Bucharest. The road in the movie is DN1 and is the most important road of the country. The segment between Bucharest and Brasov is a real nightmare esp in weekends when people leave the capital for the touristic zone Prahova Valley. In the movie the road has 4 bands but wait to see what's happening when it narrows to just 2....:

http://www.trilulilu.ro/bedeabza/8e3aaa382f1b85

If you had tough nerves you should come here. Despite the miserable infrastructure the landscapes are breathtaking.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    All of this craziness on the highways and you want me to stop and look at scenery??? yikes....