Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gran Torino

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Great performance by Eastwood, yes, but I found the script somewhat predictable. Overall a somewhat over-rated movie IMO.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I finally got to see it and I have to agree it's the best performance by Clint, acting, writing and directing alltogether. Just brilliant movie
    Absolutely agree!
    One of the best movies I've seen last time...
    ..speed with no limits..
    fan of Kimi Raikkonen and Mikko Hirvonen:champion:

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    I watched it yesterday and thought it was garbage. This is by far the most overrated crap I've ever seen, except perhaps the 2004 version of Crash.

The acting was at times atrocious, especially the Asian kid. Especially when he tries to be angry and screams it's really awfull. Clint Eastwood does little more then grunt like a zombie half the time. The priest was unbelievable.

Boring unoriginal story line. Stereotype-old-guy-hates-stereotype-young-guy-but-gradually-accepts-young-guy. SNORE. Done so many times before, and much more enjoyable (Milion dollar baby).

Cliche display of emotions. Like when after the shooting that girl stumbles in, followed by 5 minutes of switching between her and eastwood, before we get a shot of him holding that glass and it falls. That was so corny I had to laugh. Also the reading of the will at the end, with the dramatic pauses and the little girl supposedly actually thinks she'll get the car.

The dialogue was poor and predictable. Putting racial slurs in every other sentence is not sophisticated.
    The children want dad in the nursing home but dad doesn't want too. Wow never seen that before.... Dad wants some support from the children but then they feign being busy. Original, not!

Not mentioning the obvious plot-hole that he tries to save the neighbourhood from gangstahs. Yet when the kids stroll down the streets they get pinned down by hispanics and later by blacks.

Better stop now.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    I watched it yesterday and thought it was garbage. This is by far the most overrated crap I've ever seen, except perhaps the 2004 version of Crash.

The acting was at times atrocious, especially the Asian kid. Especially when he tries to be angry and screams it's really awfull. Clint Eastwood does little more then grunt like a zombie half the time. The priest was unbelievable.

Boring unoriginal story line. Stereotype-old-guy-hates-stereotype-young-guy-but-gradually-accepts-young-guy. SNORE. Done so many times before, and much more enjoyable (Milion dollar baby).

Cliche display of emotions. Like when after the shooting that girl stumbles in, followed by 5 minutes of switching between her and eastwood, before we get a shot of him holding that glass and it falls. That was so corny I had to laugh. Also the reading of the will at the end, with the dramatic pauses and the little girl supposedly actually thinks she'll get the car.

The dialogue was poor and predictable. Putting racial slurs in every other sentence is not sophisticated.
    The children want dad in the nursing home but dad doesn't want too. Wow never seen that before.... Dad wants some support from the children but then they feign being busy. Original, not!

Not mentioning the obvious plot-hole that he tries to save the neighbourhood from gangstahs. Yet when the kids stroll down the streets they get pinned down by hispanics and later by blacks.

Better stop now.
    So I take it you didn't like it ??

:
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    So I take it you didn't like it ??
    That sums it up pretty well, yes :

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Just watched this and thought it was great, it wasn't anything groundbreaking in terms of plot (getting pretty difficult these days with so many different films about) but it was really well put together and carried out.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Saw GT about 2 weeks ago (forgot about this thread though)..I found it pretty decent, nothing original like the guys above said but thought it wasn't a bad film either.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thing is, girls shouldnt be allowed to review blokish films. Its like me trying to do a subjective review of My Sisters Keeper or Germaine Greer reviewing Band of Brothers on Newsnight or something...just wont work.

"Why dont you go inside old man?"
    "Why dont I blow a hole in your face, then go inside and sleep like a baby."

Girls just cant appreciate that kind of drama.