Page 388 of 479 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398438 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 4787
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    One more onboard, this time Jakeš from SS1 with a crash just three corners before the finish. He was second fastest behind Kopecký at that moment. The stage is again full of chicanes but there are still some very nice high speed crests there: https://www.mediasport.cz/rally/cesk...ardy/9973.html

By the way Jakeš praised Fiesta a lot. He said that compared to the DS3 it is a lot better car, especially suspension.
    You really like chicanes a lot in Czech Republic.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I think it is more the case of "the championship management doesn't like high average speeds so they lower them artificially with chicanes while not really improving safety at all".

It's all just for show anyway.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    I think it is more the case of "the championship management doesn't like high average speeds so they lower them artificially with chicanes while not really improving safety at all".

It's a pity because they are very nice fast and flowing stages with wide road. They have some unique characteristics.

4. Likes: itix (29th March 2017)
    Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiat-131-Abarth View Post
    Mirek do you know why Vallasska always comes back to the czech championship? Few years ago they had problems with the Organisation every year. Now the stages are compared to other rallys in CR really bad. And it is quite ridiculous that a third of the rally was held on "artificial stages" on the Tatra testing grounds.
    There is completely new organization since last year and it's made of active rally crews. Compared to the infamous years it was all a lot smoother in terms of organization but as everyone could see the stages were really bad compared to the old times. I think that the decision to bring Valašská rally back could have been taken too late considering it was held so early in the season. Also frankly after all what happened there is now lack of organizers, especially those being able to hold an event of MČR and not only sprint. The sad reality is that now there are only five high quality events in the championship - Barum, Bohemia, Český Krumlov, Šumava and Hustopeče. Příbram has been very uncertain for several years and the stages of last year's edition weren't up to MČR standards as well. At least compared to last year it seems that the trend started to reverse slowly with very nice sprints of Kopná and Jeseníky back in the calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post

Nobodoy likes them. You hear everyone complaining about them, especially drivers of large cars. Frankly I don't know why there were so many in this rally. The number was just totaly overblown. There are events with nearly no chicanes at all (Bohemia) or very few (Barum for example). Also this year ASN actually alowed higher average speed (130 km/h instead of 120 km/h), while they made the standard chicane tighter (only God knows why). I can't explain it, maybe they were scared of accidents or of the average speed they could not estimate without more experience. I don't know.
    Last edited by Mirek; 29th March 2017 at 21:32. Reason: I forgot Šumava, which I really like, ups...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: AL14 (29th March 2017),Fiat-131-Abarth (29th March 2017),Jarek Z (1st April 2017)
    Liked 87 Times in 46 Posts
    There is completely new organization since last year and it's made of active rally crews. Compared to the infamous years it was all a lot smoother in terms of organization but as everyone could see the stages were really bad compared to the old times. I think that the decision to bring Valašská rally back could have been taken too late considering it was held so early in the season. Also frankly after all what happened there is now lack of organizers, especially those being able to hold an event of MČR and not only sprint. The sad reality is that now there are only five high quality events in the championship - Barum, Bohemia, Český Krumlov, Šumava and Hustopeče. Příbram has been very uncertain for several years and the stages of last year's edition weren't up to MČR standards as well. At least compared to last year it seems that the trend started to reverse slowly with very nice sprints of Kopná and Jeseníky back in the calendar.

. Also this year ASN actually alowed higher average speed (130 km/h instead of 120 km/h).
    Thanks for your fast answer.
    Nice to hear about the higher allowed average speed. I really hope, that Malonty could end in Rychnov again than.

8. Likes: Mirek (29th March 2017)
    Entry list for reborn Rally Kopná, now called Ageus Rallysprint: http://rallysprintkopna.cz/wp-conten...17_entries.pdf

Top entries:
    Kostka - Fabia R5
    Tarabus - Fiesta R5
    Vlček - Fiesta R5
    Nivette (Pol) - Fabia R5

Very good news is that the rally is about to be held on the classic stages: Kopná (last year it was used on Barum as a part of SS Kašava), Zádveřice, Slušovice (both known also from some Barum editions) and Kameňák (partially used in Barum as part of Troják)
    Last edited by Mirek; 31st March 2017 at 21:09.

There are some late entries like Melichárek with Fabia R5.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Entry list for reborn Rally Kopná, now called Ageus Rallysprint: http://rallysprintkopna.cz/wp-conten...17_entries.pdf

Top entries:
    Kostka - Fabia R5
    Tarabus - Fiesta R5
    Vlček - Fiesta R5
    Nivette (Pol) - Fabia R5
    Nice to see Tomaš Kostka back in rallying! He is always capable of a top result.

Final results of Rally Kopná which was held on traditionally tough stages and this time also wet and muddy:

1. Kostka (Fabia R5) 40:29,0
    2. Tarabus (Fiesta R5) +24,8
    3. Vlček (Fiesta R5) +26,8
    4. Tlusťák (Fabia R5) +1:14,5
    5. Melichárek (Fabia R5) +1:46,9
    6. Březík (Evo IX gr.N) +2:48,7
    7. Jelínek (Evo IX gr.N) +2:55,9
    8. Ševčík (Impreza Sti, gr.N) +2:59,5
    9. Firla (Evo IX gr.N) +3:54,8
    10. Smékal (DS3 R3T) +4:18,1

Nivette (Fabia R5) retired with technical problems from 4th place.

14. Likes: aykutbilir (8th April 2017),Jeppe (8th April 2017),TWRC (8th April 2017),WUff1 (8th April 2017)