Page 366 of 479 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416466 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 4787
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    As I said many times first of all I don't see any reason why to even try to push for GT cars when their manufacturers don't give a shit about rallying.
    I welcome with open arms every possibility to make rally sport more exciting than it is now. It was great to see the Porsches when I was in Belgium a few years ago. It was great to see such drivers as Duez, Snijers, Van Parijs, Delecour or Dumas driving Porsches in WRC and ERC. And it is great to see the videos of Pech that you posted. The cars are beautiful and the engine sound is unforgettable. Would you prefer to see another boring group N Mitsubishi Lancer instead?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

2. Likes: stefanvv (20th June 2016)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    I welcome with open arms every possibility to make rally sport more exciting than it is now. It was great to see the Porsches when I was in Belgium a few years ago. It was great to see such drivers as Duez, Snijers, Van Parijs, Delecour or Dumas driving Porsches in WRC and ERC. And it is great to see the videos of Pech that you posted. The cars are beautiful and the engine sound is unforgettable. Would you prefer to see another boring group N Mitsubishi Lancer instead?
    On the flip side of the coin Mitsubishi are also not interested in rallying manufacturer.
    For Your list I can add the German and Spanish (until this year) drivers with those cars. Not speaking of other more open classes in different parts of the world N5+ in Spain, Maxi rally class, NZ open class, etc, etc. All these add great variety to the sport and manufacturers are not interested in them as well.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    On the flip side of the coin Mitsubishi are also not interested in rallying manufacturer.
    For Your list I can add the German and Spanish (until this year) drivers with those cars. Not speaking of other more open classes in different parts of the world N5+ in Spain, Maxi rally class, NZ open class, etc, etc. All these add great variety to the sport and manufacturers are not interested in them as well.
    You are right.

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    I understand Your point of view but rallying like any other motorsport is primarily a business activity for the manufacturers. There is no point helping someone who doesn't contribute in any way at the expense of those who do. It's not fair after all. To allow them running? Why not but to allow them fighting with those who contribute? It's giving them promotion for free and in the same time making the traditional manufacturers angry. Why would anyone sane do that?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    And you were right. Grzyb was 5th, over 2 minutes behind Kopecky. How did you know it?

And I also said Pech will struggle with his Porsche much more than in previous rounds.How did I know that? I am simply fabulous. Sometimes it seems to me some people and especially Mirek are little bit underestimating me, which hurts because I respect him And now seriously: I know that region very well because I live there and I know a lot about rallying. Simple.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

How do You know that Pech struggled more? He had three punctures but also managed to be faster than R5 cars on some stages.

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    And here we go again. He had three punctures, so he struggled more. Why do You do this everytime? I say something and I am right because I had good info and it is not a coincidence, but you just have to argue with me whether first was chicken or egg.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Whatever floats Your boat.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    I understand Your point of view but rallying like any other motorsport is primarily a business activity for the manufacturers. There is no point helping someone who doesn't contribute in any way at the expense of those who do. It's not fair after all. To allow them running? Why not but to allow them fighting with those who contribute? It's giving them promotion for free and in the same time making the traditional manufacturers angry. Why would anyone sane do that?
    of course they can compete. With RULES,as everybody last decades at rallies.
    Nobody said to dont compete.But not with 150bhp more.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    I don't think that it is possible to somehow match GT cars and R5. If GT's shall be competitive against R5 for example on our stages than the very same cars will be completely dominant in Spain as the roads are generally very different (and vice versa). Anyway 50 mm restrictor is nonsense. You have to consider that what matters about restrictor size is its area and that depends on diameter squared.
    39 mm - 1194 mm2 - let's say 100%
    42 mm - 1385 mm2 - 116%
    50 mm - 1963 mm2 - 164%
    As I said many times first of all I don't see any reason why to even try to push for GT cars when their manufacturers don't give a shit about rallying. For me it's complete nonsense to push for them against manufacturers who are actually active in rallying and who keep the sport going.
    Big restrictors are used as a BoP tool in several GT racing series; it’s a shame, and a waste for the sport, only allow Gt’s to rally when undermined by small restrictors.

About Porsche being uninterested in rally: for sure that’s the case in Stuttgart headquarters, but importers and dealers can see it differently. In Spain, Ares is backed by an official local Porsche Centre, like Vallejo and Fuster were in the past, and even the importer gives him some support.

But the main point, like Jarek and Stefan have mention, it’s not Porsche’s case; it’s the diversity of eligible cars in rally series. With the current FIA rules every driver or team has to buy a car from the official manus tuners, even on the lower classes! The problem is that some brands involved in rallying are no longer paying attention to privateers (take VW case) and the number of homologated cars under the R Group classes is ridiculously low.

So, if local ASN’s decide to spread rally car options for their drivers and teams, that’s quite encouraging and rally fans will certainly appreciate that diversity on the stages.
    Rally addict since 1982