Page 1 of 198 1231151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts

Czech rally news

I think that it's better to make separate thread for Czech rallying this year.

Some news to start with, first some rallys...

Rallysprint Vyškov is canceled due to both disputes with ASN about date and financial problems. It looks like maybe Rally Vysočina will be in rallysprint calendar instead.

Very popular Rallysprint Kopná has new date 4th July.

There is new imporant rulle especialy for Barum rally. Foreign crews are not counted to International championship unless they register themselves for championship (holders of Czech licence are counted automaticaly).

And now about teams...

2008 champion Roman Kresta changed car and will use Peugeot 207 S2000 ex-Kopecký in International championship. The same car should be used by Jiří Tošovský in some Mitropa Cup events, but maybe he will use Evo IX and later X instead as he is gentleman driver.

Škoda Motorsport is supposed to do some rallys in International championship. It looks like both crews will be present on some selected events and Kopecký maybe at most of the championship.

Evgeny Novikov will do selected rallys in gr.N Lancer to learn tarmac. It should be Valašská Rally, Šumava, Barum, Příbram and Bohemia (some may be skipped due to lack of time).

Charouz Racing System with new owner, Josef Semerád, should use CNG Lancer in Rallysprint championship. Maybe with Josef Semerád behind the wheel, another possibility is Pech.

Jan Štěpánek returns to rallying and will use Octavia WRC in Rallysprints.

Lubomír Minařík will use new Clio R3 in International champ (stays with Fabia Kit Car for sprints), Jakub Blahna, son of Czech legend Václav Blahna, will use that Clio in sprints. Another Clio R3 (ex-Campana) will be used by Jiří Trojan, fast and experienced driver.

Pavel Valoušek stays with Lancer and his programme should consist of International Championship, some sprints and also Rally Tatry (Slovakia) and Rally Saturnus or Postojnska Jama (Slovenia, I don't know which one).

Jan Černý will most probably run majority of both Czech championships with Impreza N12B, some international starts are highly possible.

Milan Pantálek will use Punto S2000 from JM Engineering in rallysprints and few International champ rounds.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Test rally Žiželice is canceled. Only 9 crews entered...

Rallysprint season is about to start. Valašská rally will take place next week on 6 stages with overall length of 65 km.

Entry list: http://www.valasskarally.eu/index.ph...vni-poradi-pdf

For me it's quite nice list. Some very good drivers there (Sýkora, Kahle, Habaj, Odložilík, Kořístka, Smékal etc.). Also very high quality of machines (3x WRC, 3x R5, 7 S2000 etc.)

Timetable: http://www.valasskarally.eu/index.ph...vy-harmonogram

It is easily possible to see 4 of 6 stages.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes nice Entry list
    It's nice that it again starts in CZ

reg. Jörg

Tomorrow at a quarter to ten the rally starts. Live results will be here: http://rally-base.com/2014/valasska-rally-2014/

As usually all stages are very fast, the most technical is SS5/6. SS1/3 is new but from google street view it seems to be a bit of an "airstrip" for me. Let's see.

One important thing is that Sýkora will start with Fabia S2000 instead of his Fiesta R5. The engine has not been repaired yet after the crash of Grössing in Austria.

I'm leaving in few hours. It's quite far

Liked 3,271 Times in 1,722 Posts
    The rally is over. Final results of the 33rd VALAŠSKA RALLY:
    1. Karel Trněný/Pavol Kušnier (CZ) Skoda Fabia WRC 36.18,0
    2. Jan Sýkora/Martina Škardová (CZ) Skoda Fabia S2000 +6,5
    3. Matthias Kahle/Christian Doerr (CZ) Skoda Fabia WRC +7,5
    4. Jan Dohnal/Jakub Venclík (CZ) Peugeot 207 S2000 +15,3
    5. Łukasz Habaj/Piotr Woś (PL) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX R4 +24,4
    6. Martin Vlček/Richard Lasevič (CZ) Skoda Fabia S2000 +1.00,9
    7. Vlastimil Majerčák/Marcel Kollárik (SK) Ford Fiesta R5 +1.09,8
    8. Martin Březík/Marek Omelka (CZ) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX +1.09,9
    9. Robert Adolf/Petr Gross (CZ) Skoda Fabia S2000 +1.10,5
    10. Lumir Firla/Zdeněk Jůrka (CZ) Subaru Impreza WRX STI +1.19,2
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,271 Times in 1,722 Posts
    Sebastian Frycz is back in rallying. This name will most probably not tell you anything, because the Polish driver had a long break from this sport. But 10 years ago he was an expeptional talent on the Polish rally scene. Being just 20+ he was beating all experienced drivers in Polish championship. In his short career he managed to win Super 1600 championship:

two group N championships:

and in 2003 he climbed to 2nd place overal in the Polish championship. Then he started to slow down and stopped his rally career after a few years of disappointments.

This year Frycz is back. Surprisingly, he will only drive 2 rallies in Poland. He will concentrate on Czech championship, where he is going to drive group N Subaru Impreza (without R4) from the ROTO Plzen team.

Surprising words of the team manager Petr Svoboda:

"For many years we were trying to support young Czech drivers. Unfortunately, it always ended with disappointment and a waste of money. Czech drivers seem to imagine our support for them in a wrong way. Therefore we changed our strategy. We support experienced driver, with whom we have good experiences from the past and who will appreciate our support. (...) It's a shame, that we can't give this chance to some Czech young talent, but we don't see any proper candidate"

I don't know what's wrong with Czech talents and I'm surprised that they support a "has been" driver, but I'm still happy for Frycz. His livery for this year will look like this:

Last edited by Jarek Z; 5th April 2014 at 22:44.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    I don't know what's wrong with Czech talents and I'm surprised that they support a "has been" driver, but I'm still happy for Frycz. His livery for this
    Hmm... part of the blame might be on drivers (I guess they mean Šlehofer and Kopáček) but Roto and Mr. Svoboda are connected with some strange things (and strange PR) as well. It has also been a team with quite many exclusions for cheating in technical rules. Anyway good luck to Sebastian Frycz!

What to say about Valašská rally. Honestly for me as a spectator it was a disappointment. It was much better organized than in previous years. Everywhere I was it was supersafe as well but that's part of my problem with our recent rallying. It's simply boring for me to watch the stages from tens of meters. I think I chose quite good places but the feeling of excitement didn't come so we even decided to skip the last stage for a good meal...

On the other hand there were quite many spectators and they were very very disciplined (where I was). I even haven't met a single drunk one among hundreds. That's very positive!

The rally itself suffered from several big accidents which caused delays and also cancellation of stages for late runners. Fortunately almost all the crashes ended quite well for crews. Only one historic driver suffered serious injury when he was stuck in car with broken legs. Hopefully he can fully recover.

I was not really impressed by general driving level. Guys often have great machines but few can drive them properly. The fastest two drivers on places I was were clearly Sýkora and Habaj. Pity Habaj had some engine issues. He could have ended even better. Trněný was surprisingly fast for me, usually he drives slower. Kahle, Dohnal, Kořístka, Smékal, Bisaha, Zpěvák, Vraj, Kalista or Zedník were good to watch too. The biggest disappointment was Odložilík. I know they had problems with the car before start and they hardly managed to even start but also his driving was bad. Where Sýkora kept full throttle, Odložilík was lifting or even braking.

Some onboards: http://www.mediasport.cz/rally/onboardy.html

SS 5/6 is definitely the best one to watch
    Last edited by Mirek; 6th April 2014 at 18:29.

Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
    Last edited by Eddie1; 6th April 2014 at 20:43.