Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts

Re-igniting interest...a little.......

As a longtime rally fan, I think that this is the most exciting news that Gronholm is returning to the WRC. With Solberg now running his own car, let's hope this sets a trend for things to come. Anything to get away from the Loeb borefest.......the last few years have been painfully boring. Bravo Marcus and Petter! Maybe the WRC still has some life left in it yet............

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree. Marcus will probably have mechanical failure or an off and we know Petter can't win but these guys are more exciting to watch and cheer for than the monotony of the Sebastien 1 and Mikko 2 show.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Will be interesting to see what Marcus can do with the 2008 Impreza compared to Petter.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Are you currently working for ISC or the FIA?

How can a one off well paying drive for MR G in Portugal reignite interest for anyone but the eternal optimist? I

'm sorry but I for one need to see something a tad more long term and postive from all concerned at the top level with proper fields of drivers with a chance of winning on events that are more than just two passes over the same three stages each day.

As for Loeb being boring, it's not his fault only the other teams for dropping the ball.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It certainly won't give me any more interest in WRC!!!!
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    RAS007, I think out there in the big wide world you're what is described as a "glass half full" kind of person.
    Your detractors are the opposite kind. Continue to believe!
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I prefer my glass have good quality wine or beer in it not cheap pop Sollitt!

The point I'm trying to make is that one off appearences will do little than fill the bank balances of those drivers lucky enough to get the paid drives. If the person who started this thread will be attending the rally and will see Marcus in the Impreza then he or she will certainly have a good time I'm sure however it will mean little or nothing to the sport in general and I guess Seb wont be losing too much sleep either..