Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: oh no rcr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well harvick DID catch him, gave him a rear quarter panel bump and moved him out of the lead, kyle after that was a big baby, just hear him in his in-truck radio and all and how he was running away after the race. harvick played him today and i loved it!
    the drought is over--may there never be another with 115 races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    actually harvick schooled him today.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    its official! harvick wont be a serious contender until 2010! maybe we can get a charity win if lucky at chicago or infineon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i just want to thank teresa for her crappy engines being attached to rcr's hip and likely keeping us from seeking engine help elsewhere. :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah, its really getting disappointing now, you may see one RCR driver in the top 10 anymore,

for another reason, Todd just keeps making the car tier as the race progresses. I thought he finally had the car going when he got his lap back, he was moving through the field, then pitted again and all went to crap.

RCR needs a big personel change, I'd like Shane CC for Harvick, they were a league in their own in the NWS series
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i'm not sure if i could blame todd now, according to people who have pit command kevin is the one who has been calling the shots with the cc when it comes to tires and such. if todd cant be an enforcer, then kevin needs someone who can. however, the engines are still gonna be an issue and we cant get hp help elsewhere while we are in that deal with egr without leaving someone without a place to put their engines.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by willracefan
    i'm not sure if i could blame todd now, according to people who have pit command kevin is the one who has been calling the shots with the cc when it comes to tires and such. if todd cant be an enforcer, then kevin needs someone who can. however, the engines are still gonna be an issue and we cant get hp help elsewhere while we are in that deal with egr without leaving someone without a place to put their engines.
    Nope...its Todd calling the shots. And, the motor wasn't the issue, it was the set up. I've been listening to Kevin regularly since 2003, and he used to be very vocal about the engines being underpowered. He hasn't said a peep about engines since late in the 2005 season, and a mid season chassis dyno test lest year showed that ECR motors are among the top HP producers, even beating Hendrick in that particular test, so its not the engines....

The car was so bad during practice on Friday that Kevin couldn't barely drive the thing, and that carried over into the race on Sat Nite.

The set up was so bad, that Harvick keyed up the radio on lap 9 and said "This is a hunk of ^&*@, pushing the nose, sliding the rear....."
    And at lap 20, he said the same thing the FOX crew noted all weekend "Now you know our cars are junk when we suck at our best track...."
    Then for about 4 laps (27-30) it got really ugly when Kevin and RC himself started arguing on the radio. RC basicly told him to shut up and drive,that all 4 cars were having problems and that they would discuss it on Monday...Kevin shot back basicly saying he was tired of talking and wanted something done....he went on to say
    "I'll tell what I would do Monday, I'd go back and fire (then there was static and the rest was unintelligable on Pit command). All I know is, no one spoke for like 10 laps after that, not even the spotter.

Todd makes all of the calls on adjustments every week.
    ABouth halfway through a run, if Kevin hasn't been bitching too much, Todd will ask what the car is doing...
    Kevin will tell him stuff like Its loose off, pushes in the ctr, loose in (etc) and thats about it. Todd rattles off a list of things he'd like to do (wedge in/out, air pressure, track bar etc). Todd likes to adjust the track bar, and Kevin hates it when they mess with that, I only remember him saying yes only a couple of times when Todd has mentioned messing with that, usually its a big fat no. Everything else Todd wants to do, Kevin usually has the "Just dont do anything to hurt the car" attitude, he really doesn't seem to care what the adjustment is
    About the only thing Kevin really puts input in is when they are discussing whether to take 2, 4, or no tires.
    Todd wanted to gamble to get track position on the next caution on lap 165 after they got their lap back (they got the LD during the caution on lap 150) after Kevin said the car was somehwat better, but that he still needed rear grip, and Kevin nixed that, he wanted 4 tires because he was worried the car would start plowing again. What kills me is the only adjustment they made on this stop was 0.2 lbs of air in right front and 0.4 lbs out of right rear and the car went back to being total junk again, went right back to being a dump truck...

I'll tell you what something has got to change soon.....
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The POS car has to change, slo. If NASCAR was smart they'd invite input from the bleeping crew chiefs who have to deal with the POS. This Daytona Sopranos "my way or the highway" chit needs to stop before more and more fans start finding better things to do on raceday than watch a poor excuse for racing.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i dont see the cot leaving anytime soon, sadly it appears according to some if harvick can't figure out his car, he can't be competitive. that's what the cot has done, it plays a mental part now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well looks as if i nailed this thread when i started it. rcr is struggling.

and burton and bowyer are in the chase for their timely pit strategies and maybe a little better cars while harvick is last with the worst equipment, and i should feel upset rightfully so.

i just dont have faith in rcr turning it around and being that every year title contender and if they have been for three years, it hasnt all gone to harvick, bowyer had his time and burton as well. but its just not fair he deserves to win races and isnt getting them. is it the tale of harvick or rcr when harvick always seems to follow up a promising year with a disappointing one? were he to have this situation at a different team, like, say, shr?

whats even worse is hearing people on his board say khi should join shr or that rcr will come out of this and be like hendrick in the long run, sorry it wont be that way to me, i dont see it. and i also get sick of hearing brad keselowski being a hotter free agent than harvick were he to leave and that shr would hire him over harvick because hms is full. that is a joke.

of course, the media will pour on him again next year because of it being a contract year of will he or wont he and if rcr wants him to stay they will throw the boat at him just like 06, even have people work in the offseason, and then harvick could get fooled into signing on again.

and will jimmie johnson let anyone who doesnt race with him every year for wins suddenly have a blue moon year and win the title over him? i dont think so, harvick can do it, but i think every year consistensy and winning three races a year is what needs to happen before doing it. which is why i dont feel rcr is the answer.