Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oh no rcr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

oh no rcr

after fontana i do not like what i see. well, i could care less about those three but they were terrible and kevin was good enough for a top ten car before he hit the wall and lost the engine. i just hope that this isnt a forshadowing of things to come. rcr may need to make their own engines again and get away from egr, why would rc want to share engines with ganassi? it seemed montoya had the best finish of the ectr cars but i hope that this isnt where things are headed. harvick is not bowyer or burton he is an elite with mediocre equipment.

any chance hendrick will help rcr out since he's helped shr out. i mean hendrick seems elite/popular driver biased.
    the drought is over--may there never be another with 115 races.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by willracefan
    after fontana i do not like what i see. well, i could care less about those three but they were terrible and kevin was good enough for a top ten car before he hit the wall and lost the engine. i just hope that this isnt a forshadowing of things to come. rcr may need to make their own engines again and get away from egr, why would rc want to share engines with ganassi? it seemed montoya had the best finish of the ectr cars but i hope that this isnt where things are headed. harvick is not bowyer or burton he is an elite with mediocre equipment.

any chance hendrick will help rcr out since he's helped shr out. i mean hendrick seems elite/popular driver biased.
    Looking back at my notes, Kevin complained about the same thing thru most of the race:Tight in the center, loose off. He first mentioned it at lap 6, just as the 1st caution came out. It seemed, while it was still daylight, no matter what they adjusted, it made the car worse. This was pretty much the same thing he complained about at Daytona, and, looking thru last years notes, at Texas, Lowes, Homestead, California (I didn't start doing it until just before he chase, and of course, not on the weekends I was working).

Yet, when the sun went down, and the lights came up, Kevin was flying (same as in the 500, and he had a solid car all the way through the Shootout as well).

But what really bothered me, even more than the engine failure (which turned out to be an oil filter blowing off [?!?!?!?!?!] was the adjustments made to the car during the pitstop on Lap 170. When the Caution came out on lap 169, Kevin stated that the car was very good now, just needed a litttle more forward bite up off the corner, especialy turn 2. Todd has them take a whole pound out of the left rear. INSTANT JUNK!!!!

The race restarted on lap 177, and he was P8. On lap 180 Kevin came up on the radio and screamed "WHAT DID YOU DO TO THIS CAR, IT IS WAY,WAY,WAY,WAY TOO TIGHT NOW!!!!!! There was no answer forthcoming, yet....

By lap 183, Kevin was already 6.9 seconds back, and 1.2 seconds off the pace. On Lap 185 he came up and stated that you would not believe how bad this car is right, now, and asked again what they did to it. Thats when Todd told him that they took a pound out of the left rear, and Kevin went ballistic. After several laps of expletives that would have made Dale jr blush Kevin said something to the effect that a pound adjustment is something you do when the car is junk, that the car was basicly good before that. I don;t remember what lap for sure that was, I was apparently to pissed off to notate that, myself. AT lap 200 Kevin was 17.9 seconds back, 0.5 seconds off the 17's lap times, and of course he blew up at lap 208...

There seems to be a definite lack of communication between Kevin and Todd, and I just don't get it. They have been together in Cup since 2002, and Todd was Kevin's crew chief for his 2001 NNS Championship, and I belive in 1999 and 2000 as well in the NNS.

If Jimmie Johnson says we are just a little off, would Chad Knaus make such a huge adjustment?

Looking back at last years notes, I can see time and time again a late race adjustment that just didn't jive with what Kevin was saying about the car. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with Todd Berrier, I'm just saying that maybe they just aren't communicating like they should be anymore.

Maybe its time RC does another crew chief swap like he did in 2002.

As for the engine failure, not a big deal..Stuff Happens.
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO has the record for most consecutive races without a DNF? And WHOOOOOOOO'S teamate now holds the best active streak?!?!? They a'int Hendrick drivers. Kevin only has 14 career DNF's in 288 Cup Starts since 2001, and I can only remember a handful of those being engine related (2004 was a bad year for that!), I'm sure it was just a freak occurence.

It's the lack of communication that scares me
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

I just looked it up...of the 14 DNF's, 9 were engine related (including 3 of the 4 races in October, 2004), 4 were crashes, and 1 was a transmission.

RCR will be just fine...
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Clint Bowyer now has the No DNF streak at 75 races. Finish every race to the 600 and he sets the record.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah slo 2004 was a disappointing year. i do remember those engine failures at kc, charlotte, and atlanta. dont wanna see that again. i sure hope things are better this afternoon. and let me just reiterate why i dont care much about harvick's teammates: did you see the nws race?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willracefan
    yeah slo 2004 was a disappointing year. i do remember those engine failures at kc, charlotte, and atlanta. dont wanna see that again. i sure hope things are better this afternoon. and let me just reiterate why i dont care much about harvick's teammates: did you see the nws race?

Oh yeah, I saw it.....C'est la vie, u were right there.
    Unforunately my DVR decieded it didn't want to work for me today. I got home from work 20 minutes ago, was able to avoid finding out what happened all day today (under penalty of a well placed .40 caliber bullet in the rear of the first person to even MENTION the race!) turn on the tv, pull up my menu and NO RACE....I am so pissed right now. Looking at the on NASCAR.COM I see I didn't miss anything. Happy finished 12th, after having an awesome car in practice. I wonder what mis adjustment was made today

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    slo, he got trapped a lap down when gordon blew a tire late in the race, he was a top 10 car for most of the race, but not as good as Burton or Bowyer yesterday
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    harvick actually was just as good as burton or bowyer they got lucky on pit strategy and had bobby labonte and david reutiman as blockers for them(well, not intentionally just held back johnson and edwards until the leaders were too much ahead). however, that lap down could have been avoided had they waited. also, i believe they should have taken at least two tires on that one stop they took fuel only. it led to a tire going down and harvick was well in the top five before that happened. he was fast at the end, and could have gotten a top five had they waited past the caution to pit. also, the fact that they were penalized on pit road i felt could have been the result of frustrations of hating the traffic and being a lap down. even if they were trapped a lap down they could have gotten it back if not that penalty and finished in the top ten. not looking forward to atl one bit.

but here's one thing notice the fc 500 bristol winner hasnt won yet that season prior to that race at least in recent years. kenseth and ky.busch wont win there because they are set up on the 1.5's this early. edwards i hope(i know) wins atl so he wont win there. and i know we can outrace gordon, junior, biffle, and johnson there. hamlin and stewart have been the only ones better than us or just as good the last two years there. the teammates have been with us, but really only can take advantage of a mistake on our part. and there is kurt busch, but lets not get into that.

if harvick does not win bristol, crap is gonna hit the fan. and rcr may have some shakeups.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    willracefan pie =Edwards ?, shrub = Kenseth ?, unibrow = Jeffie Gordon ?, pretty= J. Johnson ?, overrated poster boy = Joonyar ? I must be close , and find this hallarious . Dont worry about Harvick , he will make the chase ,and will have 2 or 3 wins ,and buckets of top 5's. It's early in the very long season.
    :dozey: Behold the power of cheese;)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wbcobrar
    willracefan pie =Edwards ?, shrub = Kenseth ?, unibrow = Jeffie Gordon ?, pretty= J. Johnson ?, overrated poster boy = Joonyar ? I must be close , and find this hallarious . Dont worry about Harvick , he will make the chase ,and will have 2 or 3 wins ,and buckets of top 5's. It's early in the very long season.

nah, Jimmie Johnson is Unibrow, That I know for a fact.
    Kyle Busch is shrub (aka, little Busch, because of his older brother Kurt)....Those are the ones I am sure of.

I thought Edwards was "Mr ED", could be wrong on that one. I could see JR as the overated poster boy, possibly, and Jeff could be "pretty" as in "pretty boy, go drink your milk!" (an old Dale Sr-ism) i'm not sure kenseth falls into any of these catagories.