Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Marcus Come Back!!!!

To Portugal Rally with Subaru Impreza

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Marcus Grönholm and Prodrive
    back in the WRC
    at Vodafone Rally de Portugal
    In addition to the best drivers in the world competing in all three categories of the FIA
    World Rally Championship (WRC, J-WRC and P-WRC), the 2009 edition of the Vodafone
    Rally de Portugal (2-5 April) will have an additional point of interest: former world
    champion Marcus Grönholm will be back in rallying at the world level, making his first
    appearance at the wheel of a Subaru Impreza, a WRC car the Finn has never driven.
    Marcus Grönholm, winner of 30 World Championship events, competed in the last two
    editions of the Vodafone Rally de Portugal, driving a Ford Focus WRC on both occasions:
    in 2007 as a Ford works driver and in 2008 driving the event safety car, car 0.
    “It will be fun to return [to the WRC], even in an ad-hoc way, in a car that I don’t know at
    all and after a year where I competed in some rallycross events’” said Grönholm. “It will
    be nice, as there was a chance of driving for Subaru just before the manufacturer decided
    to retire.”
    The Finn is quite clear about his expectations: “I will not start aiming for the win, as I
    want to compare my speed with the regular WRC boys over the first few stages. The
    important thing is to feel confidence and pleasure, coming back to an event that I enjoy
    very much and know the stages quite well.”
    Grönholm will be driving a latest-specification Subaru Impreza WRC2008, prepared and
    run by Prodrive and will be co-driven, as always, by Timo Rautiainen.
    “Of course I will test in the Impreza before the rally, not only to try to understand how it
    works but also, if possible, to adapt it to my driving style. But most importantly, it will be a
    pleasure to come back to the WRC in Portugal,” concluded the former world champion.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Flights to Portugal are already booked!!!! Jippiiiieee

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by General Prim
    Marcus Grönholm and Prodrive
    back in the WRC
    at Vodafone Rally de Portugal
    In addition to the best drivers in the world competing in all three categories of the FIA
    World Rally Championship (WRC, J-WRC and P-WRC), the 2009 edition of the Vodafone
    Rally de Portugal (2-5 April) will have an additional point of interest: former world
    champion Marcus Grönholm will be back in rallying at the world level, making his first
    appearance at the wheel of a Subaru Impreza, a WRC car the Finn has never driven.
    Marcus Grönholm, winner of 30 World Championship events, competed in the last two
    editions of the Vodafone Rally de Portugal, driving a Ford Focus WRC on both occasions:
    in 2007 as a Ford works driver and in 2008 driving the event safety car, car 0.
    “It will be fun to return [to the WRC], even in an ad-hoc way, in a car that I don’t know at
    all and after a year where I competed in some rallycross events’” said Grönholm. “It will
    be nice, as there was a chance of driving for Subaru just before the manufacturer decided
    to retire.”
    The Finn is quite clear about his expectations: “I will not start aiming for the win, as I
    want to compare my speed with the regular WRC boys over the first few stages. The
    important thing is to feel confidence and pleasure, coming back to an event that I enjoy
    very much and know the stages quite well.”
    Grönholm will be driving a latest-specification Subaru Impreza WRC2008, prepared and
    run by Prodrive and will be co-driven, as always, by Timo Rautiainen.
    “Of course I will test in the Impreza before the rally, not only to try to understand how it
    works but also, if possible, to adapt it to my driving style. But most importantly, it will be a
    pleasure to come back to the WRC in Portugal,” concluded the former world champion.

Source???
    Web: www.wr-x.com
    Twitter: World Rally Xtreme @WrxCom, Facebook: World Rally Xtreme

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Official press release from Rally de Portugal. Looks like he's driving Grondal's car from Norway. Probably backed by Vodafone.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Salist
    Source???
    http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/index....e_id=296&MIT=1
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great to see him back, let see if he can beat Petter!
    R.I.P. Richard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All I can say is WHY?

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    I think he's already tested it, one of Østberg's mechanics was on a test with him last week anyway....?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    this is going to be interesting...top 5 is a realistic target.