Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Dutch politician banned from coming into the UK

Not sure if anyone outside of the UK has seen this but to me this is big news. While I certainly don't agree with this guys calls for the Koran to be banned in the Netherlands I simply don't see how the UK can stop an elected official from another country in the EU to come in, especially when he was invited my a member of the house of Lords and they let him in just over a month ago

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7885918.stm
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I agree. I abhor his views but he shouldn't be prevented from coming here on that basis.

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I agree. I abhor his views but he shouldn't be prevented from coming here on that basis.
    There are two things I cannot stand.

Intolerant people......and the Dutch.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This has been in the British press since Monday or Tuesday, or maybe I saw it last week.
    I know everybody laughs at fousto about his Islamic Europia theories, but he may be more right than he knows.

I thought about doing a thread on it but you guys pretty much ignore any negative threads on European doings. You don't have any Bush threads to whoop and holler about anymore and Israel and Hamas are giving it a breather so the "evil Jews" threads are cooling off. And, since nobody wants to hear or accept the truth about Obama yet, well...it makes for a slow day.

Personally, I go through most of the Brit papers online almost everyday. I never see any glowing stories about the wonderful healthcare or educational system. In fact, I usually see quite the opposite.

I see you're getting ready to buy a bunch of new trains from Japan. Why would you need bigger trains when fewer people have to go to work?
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7
    This has been in the British press since Monday or Tuesday, or maybe I saw it last week.
    I know everybody laughs at fousto about his Islamic Europia theories, but he may be more right than he knows.

I thought about doing a thread on it but you guys pretty much ignore any negative threads on European doings. You don't have any Bush threads to whoop and holler about anymore and Israel and Hamas are giving it a breather so the "evil Jews" threads are cooling off. And, since nobody wants to hear or accept the truth about Obama yet, well...it makes for a slow day.

Personally, I go through most of the Brit papers online almost everyday. I never see any glowing stories about the wonderful healthcare or educational system. In fact, I usually see quite the opposite.
    Take the newspapers with a bag of salt, a lot of them like to say that Britain is falling apart at the seams when it's not.

Fousto's stupid Islamic europe thing is just that.... stupid This issue isn't about protecting Islam, in fact they did the same thing to a Muslim cleric in the past.

We don't ignore threads about the negative parts of Europe it's just that a lot of the threads about the negative parts of europe merely highlight non-issues OR highlight things that everyone agrees with. People here don't seem to be as tribal and don't jump to the defence of Europe merely because they're european.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You're right. This isn't about protecting Islam, it's about protecting you from Islam.

To be fair, Islam is only the vehicle being used by the Jihadists. If they could could recruit followers willing to sacrifice themselves for Mickey Mouse or a bar of soap just as easily, they'd use that. The top thugs could give a rat's a@@ about Islam. They are in it for the power and money. What could be finer than the entire world under Sharia Law, with them as the judges? In a silly sort of way it reminds me of the old 007 movies where huge criminal organizations always had plans to take over the world. Does it make sense? No. Does that stop them ? No. Why not? Because they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Very soon they will own Somalia.

The Jihadists have stated over and over again their goal of converting the world to Islam. A world ruled by Sharia Law. People can embrace Islam or be killed. Got that? Killed. They don't want a homeland, they don't want to live as equals, they are not willing to accept your values or culture. Sharia Law is the only thing acceptable. No compromise, no other solution or appeasement. They have and are willing to use sucidal little believers to work towards that goal. They gain more all the time.

Barring the Dutchman from Britain wasn't about protecting Islam, it was about protecting Britain from Islam. Britain and Europe in general go to great pains not to annoy their Islamic populations nowadays. Publishers afraid to print books or cartoons....they may riot. Afraid to screen movies...they may riot. They scared Spain off with one bomb in a train station. Don't do this, don't do that you'll upset the Islamic population. You are already afraid of these people and they know it. They laugh at you. They fart and you're on your knees wanting to know what you've done to offend them. They have openly called for your death and still you seek appeasement. I'm not indicting Islam, I'm indicting the Jihadists, although an honest man would have to admit you really don't know which you're dealing with until it's too late. How many British citizens and immigrants have been picked up or traced to Jihadist training camps? You've already had a taste of their work, more is coming, but you still try not to offend them. What are you offending, really? They immigrated to Britain. It is up to them to accept British culture. Islam is not the religion of Britain and quite fairly, they are free to practice their religion as far as it goes without conflicting with their new, adopted culture. If they want Sharia law, they could have stayed where they were or immigrated to an Islamic country.

There's not a doubt in my mind that if that 4th aircraft on 911 had been full of modern Europeans, it would have hit it's planned target. Nobody on board would have tried to stop it.

Make no mistake about it, keeping the Dutchman out was about not upsetting the Nation of Islam in Britain and avoiding trouble. The Dutchman is no threat to Islam.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The Jihadists have stated over and over again their goal of converting the world to Islam.
    Hey..... Mormons have come to my door in the past trying to tell me how great their religion is and I've happily told them to **** off

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    They scared Spain off with one bomb in a train station.
    Fiero I'll bite...
    that has become a bit of a cliché for this type of rants and is a load of caca de toro. If you really think that way then you are absolutely clueless about Spain

United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Hey..... Mormons have come to my door in the past trying to tell me how great their religion is and I've happily told them to **** off

The Mormons haven't threatened to kill you. I politely tell them "No thank you" and they leave. In the summer time I'll politely tell them "No thank you" and then invite them in for a break from the heat and a tall glass of ice water or lemonade. They always been grateful for the break and refreshment and leave when done. I have no problems with others trying to share their religion. It works for them and they seek to share the joy and peace of mind it gives them.

I have problems with people saying convert or die. I take them at their word.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    Fiero I'll bite...
    that has become a bit of a cliché for this type of rants and is a load of caca de toro. If you really think that way then you are absolutely clueless about Spain

I'll bite back...educate me. Was that a coincidence?