Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I have it on good authority that Renault will have their cars powered by TATA engines next year.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    I have it on good authority that Renault will have their cars powered by TATA engines next year.
    TATA=Ferrari..........Valve!!!!
    May the forza be with you

Speculation of Indian sponsorship for Renault

There is speculation as to who might be involved but prime targets are likely to include Reliance Industries, which is a highly diversified corporation involved in oil and petrochemicals, clothing and food. There is also ONGC, the state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, the most profitable corporation in India; Bharti Airtel, India's largest cellular service provider; and the high technology companies Wipro, Infosys, Satyam and HCL Technologies.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    TATA=Ferrari..........Valve!!!!
    TATA = Jaguar
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

I was referring to sponsorship My Man! That is what this thread is about! Thanks for thinking you were correcting me!

"India's biggest software firm Tata Consultancy Services had signed a technology and marketing partnership with Ferrari in December last year, which will see the TCS logo displayed on the Italian giant's 2009 F1 car!"

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryP...y+bring+Alonso

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Look at the bright side of it: we might get a beautiful black and yellow Renault livery again
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Pu
    If we have a black and yellow Renault it would be great, or an all yellow one
    I say "BRING IT ON"

3 votes and counting.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    I say "BRING IT ON"

3 votes and counting.

Aqui! Numero quatro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The financial crisis is not as bad as most make it out to be. In any case, everybody said F1 would suffer when tobacco advertising was curtailed but look what happened.

As for Renault's scheme, I actually like their ING livery but had mixed feelings about the original blue-yellow scheme. I just don't like the way the trousers are laid out (they look clownish!)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallgeese
    The financial crisis is not as bad as most make it out to be. In any case, everybody said F1 would suffer when tobacco advertising was curtailed but look what happened.

As for Renault's scheme, I actually like their ING livery but had mixed feelings about the original blue-yellow scheme. I just don't like the way the trousers are laid out (they look clownish!)

Good lord, what world are you living in??? Apparently you have oil wells in your back yard.

Cigarettes were replaced by Banks, Booze and direct involvement by automobile manufacturers. UM, Last I checked, only 1 of the three is doing any good, and the third should have no business sponsoring auto racing in the first place.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    Good lord, what world are you living in??? Apparently you have oil wells in your back yard.
    No I don't actually. Jordan is not blessed with oil. I just don't think that the whole financial crisis is as bad as it's made out to be in the media. The actual crisis & causes/solutions are another discussion, but quite how it impacts on F1 is not unclear but the first to go are the banks. Yet there are always other sponsors to replace them.

Cigarettes were replaced by Banks, Booze and direct involvement by automobile manufacturers. UM, Last I checked, only 1 of the three is doing any good, and the third should have no business sponsoring auto racing in the first place.
    Why not?

I don't see what 'booze' as you put it has in F1, but sponsors come & go & each reflects era. The 1990s was the high-tech/telecommunications era & that's when they started showing up on F1 cars. Banks followed from the late-1990s, & so on. The point is, sponsors make conscience choices to/not to enter.

Of course, you pick the sponsors who pay the most & are most reliable in making the transfers. The best way to survive in F1 (I think) is to have sponsor-partners, that is companies who are working with you. Take Ferrari with FIAT, Magneti Marelli, Shell, & Piaggo among others providing both sponsorship & technical support. Anything extra (such as Banks, Airlines, Hotels etc) is welcome, but ultimately the 'core' must be directly involved in the technical partnerships.
    http://www.magnetimarelli.com/