Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 240 Times in 97 Posts
    PG of course.

Then both Wilson, Novikov and Rautenbach showed good speed out on the stages, that was suprising me a little.
    R.I.P Colin Mcrae - The hero for me... Twitter: @MickeLindh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile A fairytale story

PG was the biggest star. And what a nice bloke he is. (I say that even when he is Swedish...and I`m a Norwegian!).

Second star of the rally was Czech engineer Pavel (don`t know his last name), who during 15 minutes of remote service in Kongsvinger midday friday found a perfect adjustment to the set-up for transmission and diffs. on the Skoda, that enabled PG to give a mighty blow to the factory teams army of engineers and highly paid drivers on SS6 and 7 especially.

The two stage wins by PG on friday was Skodas stagewins number 9 and 10 totally in the WRC (engineer Pavel knew exactly the count!).

Two Skoda Fabias (chassis 20 and 24 - PG ran chassis 20) are in Norway, owned by Bernhard Kongsrud. Something for brothers H. and P. Solberg to contemplate? The car is actually fantastic. It may lack a little bit in engine, but PG says that it is remarkably stable and great to drive. He should definitely know. On friday he beat Loeb, Hirvonen, Latvala, Solberg-brothers et al in straight fight on two "proper" and technically demanding stages in Rally Norway. It`s a great fairytale story isn`t it?

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Iskald

Liked 240 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskald
    PG was the biggest star. And what a nice bloke he is. (I say that even when he is Swedish...and I`m a Norwegian!).

Second star of the rally was Czech engineer Pavel (don`t know his last name), who during 15 minutes of remote service in Kongsvinger midday friday found a perfect adjustment to the set-up for transmission and diffs. on the Skoda, that enabled PG to give a mighty blow to the factory teams army of engineers and highly paid drivers on SS6 and 7 especially.

The two stage wins by PG on friday was Skodas stagewins number 9 and 10 totally in the WRC (engineer Pavel knew exactly the count!).

Two Skoda Fabias (chassis 20 and 24 - PG ran chassis 20) are in Norway, owned by Bernhard Kongsrud. Something for brothers H. and P. Solberg to contemplate? The car is actually fantastic. It may lack a little bit in engine, but PG says that it is remarkably stable and great to drive. He should definitely know. On friday he beat Loeb, Hirvonen, Latvala, Solberg-brothers et al in straight fight on two "proper" and technically demanding stages in Rally Norway. It`s a great fairytale story isn`t it?
    Nice =)
    R.I.P Colin Mcrae - The hero for me... Twitter: @MickeLindh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It was a great performance by PG and the Fabia. And dont get me wrong I'm a big Skoda fan, but I think, that even though the Fabia has loads of raw speed it lacks reliability. Petter can't afford loosing gearbox or clutch of whatever in the middle of a rally (too many sponsors to please). Thats why he chose the "safe" option of the Xsara which even if it has problems, it most probably get back to the service. (even with wheels missing!)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would pick loeb if the was the "most obvious thing to happen award" My pick is PG for being the biggest surprise with his stage wins! and with a fabia no less.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Agree Iskald that he is a nice guy (we met him in service on saturday night) but not exactly a fairytale result in the end which is what counts... would much more have preferred him to be more consistent and finish in 4th/5th and get to the end. But he did look good on the stages and was driving hard, just a shame his clutch gave up.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Agree Iskald that he is a nice guy (we met him in service on saturday night) but not exactly a fairytale result in the end which is what counts... would much more have preferred him to be more consistent and finish in 4th/5th and get to the end. But he did look good on the stages and was driving hard, just a shame his clutch gave up.
    I didn`t call it a fairytale result, but a fairytale story. That sadly didn`t have a happy end.

I have been actively involved in this sport for 30 years, and this is possibly one of the greatest stories I have witnessed through all these years. And I was close to it, as I actually was somewhat part of the small team achieving this. It was a real David and Goliath story. To witness the sheer happiness and proudness inside our little tent outside in the cold, knowing that a number of french and british super-engineers was scratching their heads and minds inside (in the warm and snuggly) Viking Ship, was pure pleasure. It may seem that I am exaggerating the importance of mere two stage wins in one single rally, but believe you me this really felt fantastic.

For me PG is an absolute star-quality driver, and the "old" Skoda Fabia is a much, much better car that anyone ever could have dreamt of.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonas_mcrae
    It was a great performance by PG and the Fabia. And dont get me wrong I'm a big Skoda fan, but I think, that even though the Fabia has loads of raw speed it lacks reliability. Petter can't afford loosing gearbox or clutch of whatever in the middle of a rally (too many sponsors to please). Thats why he chose the "safe" option of the Xsara which even if it has problems, it most probably get back to the service. (even with wheels missing!)
    You know, private teams don't have such possibilities to change everything everytime like works teams. In this case I think that in private team You might be either fast or reliable but hardly both.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    PG star of the rally for me.

The Fabia WRC can be quite reliable. In the last two years with CRT-Kopecky they had very few technical problems.

Surprised some idiot hasn't suggested that they were cheating in Norway

Iskald, any chance to see PG in this car again this year, or some other top driver?