Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Angry The new Pit Stop rule SUCKS

This even more stupid than the alternating pit stop rule they had in the early 90's. It makes the race impossible to follow, and makes it MORE dangerous for the crews because there will be twice as many pit stops as before. More chances to speed, etc. Im watching the truck race now and this is an absolute abortion, makes me want to puke. And, what the hell are they gonna do during GREEN FLAG stops??? Yes, they still happen every once in a while! And what happens when some people take fuel only on the first stop, and tires on the second while others are doing it the other way? More chances for wrecks ON PIT ROAD. This is absolute BULL$*%T!!!!
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rules are the same for everyone and I saw a great finish to the race. Not sure the rule does suck and the teams will not have to bring 2 more guys to the races every week. That is one or two less hotel rooms and plane tickets. Times are tough dude....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am just pigged off at not seeing the race at all - so stop moaning.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    its kinda intreasting, i think its gonna be exciting some races when it comes to green flag stops, to see the teams stradagy
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    whats the new rule and why is it in place?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    A more important rule change is the single file restart:

NASCAR will use single-file lineups for restarts with 20 laps remaining in all three national series this year, NASCAR Vice President of Competition Robin Pemberton said today. The previous rule called for single-file restarts with only 10 laps remaining. All other restarts had lapped cars on the inside lane. NASCAR is still allowing for the first driver one-lap down [Lucky Dog] to get back on the lead lap until there are 10 laps left in the race. Pemberton said the rule was to allow the leaders more room to race following a caution in the waning laps. “We’ve been talking to the crews, teams and drivers and we felt like it was a time to make a change,” Pemberton said. “We haven’t taken away the lucky dog and haven’t hurt anybody from getting a lap back.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgs
    whats the new rule and why is it in place?
    the teams can eaither take tire or gas on a pit stop in the truck series now, but they cant do both anymore, it still works out pretty good under coution though, besouse they just make two pit stops during the yellow flag
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    muggle

It was about freakin time they changed that rule, but i think they should have gone to even 50 laps on short tracks
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    A more important rule change is the single file restart:

NASCAR will use single-file lineups for restarts with 20 laps remaining in all three national series this year, NASCAR Vice President of Competition Robin Pemberton said today. The previous rule called for single-file restarts with only 10 laps remaining. All other restarts had lapped cars on the inside lane. NASCAR is still allowing for the first driver one-lap down [Lucky Dog] to get back on the lead lap until there are 10 laps left in the race. Pemberton said the rule was to allow the leaders more room to race following a caution in the waning laps. “We’ve been talking to the crews, teams and drivers and we felt like it was a time to make a change,” Pemberton said. “We haven’t taken away the lucky dog and haven’t hurt anybody from getting a lap back.
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    muggle

It was about freakin time they changed that rule, but i think they should have gone to even 50 laps on short tracks
    yeah, I agree. I wonder though why they waited until the last minute to implement it. They could have given the teams a little more notice. Why wait until daytona week.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

I do agree with extending the number of laps for the down finger restart, and agree with Harvick1 about making it 50 laps at the short tracks...who knows, that may be in the cards, Nascar has a habit of changing rules on the fly and not telling anyone until the last minute. And I think they got it right by not taking away the free pass until 10 to go.

But you will never convince me that making them pit twice on every cycle is the way to go. They had it right limiting the total number of people at the track who can work on the car, but cutting the pit crew from 7 to 5 and making them double dip is ridiculous, for several reasons:

1) It takes the racing off the TRACK and puts it in the pits

2) Differing agendas are magnified now. I don't know how long some of you have been watching Nascar racing, but how many wrecks have we seen over the years on pit road caused by a front runner taking fuel only, while the rest of the field is still coming on to pit road to even get their service done. I've seen many.

3) Because of the rule, all caution sequences are "quicky yellows" meaning that the whole field will be on pit road at the same time every time, instead of the lap or more down cars pitting seperately. More traffic on pit road means more danger for the pit crews. Not as big a deal at Daytona and Talladega, but just wait until we get to Martinsville or Dover...Dover, oh yeah, that brings me to:

4) Just what the hell are they planning to do AT Dover where there are only 42 pit stalls?!?!? I guess that 43rd car is assed out because they'll have to wait until the third time by until they can make their 1st of two pit stops. Obvuously not an issue in the Truck Series with the 36 truck field, but Nationwide runs 43.

5) if it's such a good idea, why are they not doing it in the cup series? (Thank God they are not, but still.)

While typing this I just found out about another rule change;

The restart area on the race tyrack is more defined. There is a single red line a short distance from the double red restart line and all restarts must be made within that box.
    That should clear up some of those shoddy restart problems we saw twoard the end of last year. I think I may like this new rule, maybe.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ