The Milwaukee Mile has a new promoter; Claude Napier the CEO of Wisconsin Motorsports LLC was proud to announce Thursday, February 19.

You say that name sounds familiar; there was a Claude Napier who was CEO of Milwaukee Mile Holdings but the Wisconsin State Fair Board fired that group earlier this year. They surely wouldn't; would they????

Aw, why not? This is the fifth group since the mid 80's to take a shot at promoting The Milwaukee Mile and that total doesn't include a brief stint by a quasi state organization which took over after GO Racing and before Carl Haas.

Maybe, just maybe, the problem lies with the state.

Not much has been printed about Mr. Napier or his partners. I'm hoping someone knows him and can let the rest of us in on his background. The only thing I could find was an announcement that he was previously appointed President and CEO of McDermott Cue and that he had a management consulting company.

Any info would be appreciated. The Mile is one of the more difficult tracks for the drivers and it has one of the longest histories with Indy cars. I would hate to see it go away.