Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Smoke will do better? Ummm 3rd at Martinsville? Well in the chase? Stewart is having a fantastic year for a guy who traditionally starts slow....
    Yeah, I agree. Tony usually starts out slow and comes on strong in the second half. No question, Tony is a driver that will be in contention for the Championship this year.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Smoke will do better? Ummm 3rd at Martinsville? Well in the chase? Stewart is having a fantastic year for a guy who traditionally starts slow....
    Mark,I should have said what you and Muggle have said,Smoke usually does start slow,but the thing is Smoke and Zippadelli have a long standing relationship with each other and Tony knows how to say what needs to be done with the car to make it better,Joey still has to learn that part of the deal which is why I think he is struggling,even when the Smoke was at JGR,he wasnt this far behind in the points.He kept getting better and better.I dont see this in Lagano.
    Hail to the Redskins Hail Victory
    Art Monk and Darrell Green 2008 Hall of Fame

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    a rookie promoted too quickly versus a veteran champion in a good car
    it is not hard to figure out cause the clear advantage goes to Tony Stewart

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldhippie
    a rookie promoted too quickly versus a veteran champion in a good car
    it is not hard to figure out cause the clear advantage goes to Tony Stewart
    It appears that the advantage goes to 33 other drivers.......they are all higher than Logano in the points.

Logano is in good equipment. Either they brought Logano up too soon or he is overrated. I believe that both are true.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    It appears that the advantage goes to 33 other drivers.......they are all higher than Logano in the points.

Logano is in good equipment. Either they brought Logano up too soon or he is overrated. I believe that both are true.
    brought up too quickly, hands down, hes holding his own in the NWS series with the same drivers, hes just having trouble with the car in the Cup side.

plus Tony is in Hendrick equipment anyway, its not like he started the team from scratch, he just bought half a team and doesn't build his own chassis' or cars.

Joey was sort of put into the same position as Harvick, but different type of situation (we all know Harv's story). to have to replace a 2-time champions car and be successful instantly is kinda of insane, plus, his veteran teammates are Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch, (I guess if he wants to learn how to cry and have temper-tantrums , those are the 2 best to go to) let the kid run a full season.

everyone expects too much out of rookies now these days, we all know Stewart, Harvick, Johnson, Edwards all set the bar as rookies, not everyone can follow that
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ...Scott Speed will be your ROY....
    Quote Originally Posted by wbcobrar
    Mark in Oshawa , completly agree Speed is ROY shoe in.
    After race 7 @ Texas, advantage Logano :
    1. Joey Logano 75 points
    2. Scott Speed 63 points

Plus Joey Logano is guaranteed to start Phoenix (35th in OP)
    while Scott Speed will have to make it on speed or go home (38th in OP)

I wouldn't be etching any driver's name on the 2009 ROTY trophy just yet ...
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D