Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

WRC Global Promotor

ISC won the bid to continue as the global promotor, and I am not sure they had real competition.

In this weeks autosport Neil Duncanson says they will revolutionize WRC.

They will do this by using the internet more extensively, and to upgrade the TV coverage - this is good and needed.

He continue with that, Quote - supported from the highest level of FIA, ISC want to keep the current WRC tech regs in place also in 2010, drafting new rules next year, and implement in 2011. end quote.

Reason to keep Ford and Citroen.

He says further that to do S2000 from 2010 could well open doors for new teams and cars, but will rule out the current manufacturers in 2010, they have no chance of building a S2000 car in 11 months.

We need to make the right decision and to do that we will talk to a lot of people in the next couple of months, before we conclude.
    If this means stalling any change, so be it !

What role does the global promotor have ?
    Can they dictate the future, based on firms they know, read Ford and Citroen.
    To say that those two would not be able to get together a S2000 car in 11 months is bull.
    Citroen have most parts inhouse, and so has Ford, and putting it all together and test it does not take them 11 months.

But again, I am a bit surprised that a commercial firm can be allowed to come in and dictate the future. Using arguments that even if we have 6-8 cars of the new type we keep the old one where we have 2.

Again this opens up the discussion about FIA being a non elected non democratic organization, where a lot of decisions are made by older men behind closed doors, and no minutes being written.
    Not sure if that is the best way !

In my opinion it is time to show some balls, and decide for the future - soon !
    S2000 is the way ahead, so say ok to that, and get new blood into WRC.
    Put in a maxprice on the cars, so the costspiral will not kill it in 3 years, and we are back to where we are today !

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    I think that the promoter have a lot of power to decide the calendar so maybe we at least get rid of the rotation.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF
    I think that the promoter have a lot of power to decide the calendar so maybe we at least get rid of the rotation.
    agree, also lets hope the desition making will be less jumpy and less politics as well.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It seems the soon-to-be renamed ISC are being v pro-active - already proposing for 2010 - 14 round calendar, 8 unrotated classic rallies every year (monte, finland, NZ, Arg, Corsica, WRGB, Catalunya, Sweden) + 6 rotated newer events. POtential for Safari to come back?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Japan
    POtential for Safari to come back?
    safari as it was, will never come back i guess, maybe some lame rally in africa they call safari is possible.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    As it is, it's good that this year only has 12 events, because of the recession.

I think there's room for more events in a few years, of course.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Any more news on what the Global Promotor will change in 2010 or 2011 WRC ?

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    To say that those two would not be able to get together a S2000 car in 11 months is bull.
    Since technical regulations hasn't been settled, ie. will it be just S2K or the turbo-kitted one, those who have an existing S2K car have a headstart. Also, while running a full championship programme, it would place undue strain on competition departments of Ford and Citroen in order to reach 2010 with new cars. All this in the view of financial restraints that all manufacturers are experiencing, I find it very wise to postpone the change.

Using arguments that even if we have 6-8 cars of the new type we keep the old one where we have 2.
    So, you'd rather slap two strong supporters of the WRC into face just to get some new ones in? Based on the evidence I've seen of the new entrants, half of them will be gone after two-three years.
    Rather, I'd open MT entries for S2K cars (with kit or no) already 2010 if anyone would want to enter to develop and build team and make the final switch later when everyone are ready. But to alienate the teams that have stayed through the difficult times would be a grave mistake and send wrong signal to corporate decision makers.

Put in a maxprice on the cars, so the costspiral will not kill it in 3 years, and we are back to where we are today !
    Good idea but so far nobody has proposed how that price cap could be policed - so it would soon turn into a dead letter policy. Hence, it's better to restrict technology than some arbitrary price. I share your concern, it is very valid worry (that killed the 2 litre kit cars in late 1990s, for example).

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    ISC are running now as they are the incumbent.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They try to make money, that´s all. mokin:
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.