Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CCWS77
    Why do you assume Atlantic needs to be funded out of the pocket of the owner? You are forgetting it actually has sponsors Mazda and Cooper tires and in some cases gets sanctioning fees. i have no idea about the balance sheets but Mazda directly covers the Star Mazda grand prize you think it is impossible they would cover this? Seems more like you are projecting negativity then probing for facts.
    Why would I assume that? Well...for the last few years it was funded out of the owners pockets. Just ask KK or GF or anyone involved in CCWS.

What has changed since last year or the years before??? --NOTHING with the exception of GF and KK are not writing BIG checks to cover the cost of the series.

Same thing for the Trans-Am Series, GF and KK stated NO more $$ and the series went away. Atlantics found a big SUCKER!!

Reality will set in for Johnston soon!!

Just wait and see.
    I love all racing!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Please stop grabbing at straws IMSA. No amount of money was going to save Trans-AM from NASCAR'S quest to eliminate it.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    SCCA has struggled with many a pro series, but isn't that what most Sports Car Clubs tend to do.

Trans-AM was destined for failure shortly after the NTB/BF Goodrich announcement. There was a lot of arm twisting in Detroit to get Ford and GM out. The same arm twisting that pulled Dodge and Toyota out of the NATCC.

It would be great to see the series return with Mustangs, Camaros, Baracuda's, etc. but TV would rather forcefeed us the Cars of Tomorrow.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Johnson want to give the Atlantics a real go then he had better get his act together. It is 27 days till the season opener and there have been 2 announced drivers (John Edwards & Max Lefevre), no tv package, and it appears that James Hinchcliffe & Jonathan Summerton will be racing in Indy Lights this season.
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastandwynn
    If Johnson want to give the Atlantics a real go then he had better get his act together. It is 27 days till the season opener and there have been 2 announced drivers (John Edwards & Max Lefevre), no tv package, and it appears that James Hinchcliffe & Jonathan Summerton will be racing in Indy Lights this season.
    Maybe the teams and drivers are seeing through the smoke.

All anyone has to do is a simple background check and they will see.
    I love all racing!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMSA
    Maybe the teams and drivers are seeing through the smoke.

All anyone has to do is a simple background check and they will see.

Care to elaborate? Or are you only willing to provide innuendo?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have confidence the Atlantic series will run this year. I'm sure this year will go off as planned, it's next year I'm worried about.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!