Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    What a surprise...... mokin:
    I hear Malcolm is going to be starring in a new series which will be exclusive to Dave. It will be in a similar vein to the Osbournes and Hogan knows best.

This week on "Malcolm knows best" Malcolm leans against the side of a truck with his hand on his shoulder doing that weird thing he does with his elbow and says how great the WRC is and how great the coverage is because he is finishing 2nd to the almighty Citroen
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    I´m so happy and nothing will change there: Is that what they mean?
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    All we can say is it's lucky someone wants to promote it at all. The ISC could easily have jumped ship after 2008 with the withdrawals. I dont think anyone would have blamed them.

The WRC doesn't even have the four manufacturers needed to be granted World Championship status without a waiver.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    So, IRC it is then.

Look at what has happened to the WRC since 1997, and they want to use ISC's "experience of rallying"?

Utter madness, I can't believe it. Things will go along as they are, now ISC have no incentive to do much at all for the next 9.5 years, that is if the WRC still exists by then.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Who else was actually in the running for this? Eurosport were weren't they but realised they were already backing a better series.

In F1 circles they have always talked about a manufacturer breakaway series. If Citroen take their C3 (which has apparently been given a budget and green-lit for development) to the IRC then we may have exactly that.

To be fair the FIA has addressed the concerns we all had and have jazzed up the numbers on the doors for the start of the new season.

http://67.15.62.73/preview.asp?filename=dcd0929ja11.jpg

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    To be fair the FIA has addressed the concerns we all had and have jazzed up the numbers on the doors for the start of the new season.

http://67.15.62.73/preview.asp?filename=dcd0929ja11.jpg
    If they put the co-drivers names back on the side windows the WRC would be back to it's best straight away
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    I imagine that many of the new rally fans get by the IRC transmissions will wonder why IRC it’s so much enjoyable to follow than WRC…
    Rally addict since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    If they put the co-drivers names back on the side windows the WRC would be back to it's best straight away
    They did put those slidey things on the co-driver window though in an effort to take the WRC back to its Group B glory days.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    So, IRC it is then.

Look at what has happened to the WRC since 1997, and they want to use ISC's "experience of rallying"?
    This sort of bland corporate statement is one reason I dislike the private sector so much. (Of course, we all know it has infected the public sector as well...)