Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]I agree. In my opinion it is quite stupid idea. What is the ranking based on? How about importance of results and rallys? Even national events have very different competition and difficulty...

What if Duval makes 2 rallys in season and retiress in both. Will he after that start somewhere down the field and overtake others on every stage?
    It's based on results, propably it will have somekind of coefficient system.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Yes, sorry I left out the vital info. Like Tomi said, ranking is based on results.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Ok, but see the example. We all know Duval is fast but if he has no results for any reason, does it mean he should start somewhere from behind? I don't think so. The starting order is for safety reason and if someone very fast is going from down the field, he must overtake many others and that's not the good way for sure.

Results, results... Victory in Slovakia is not the same as in Italy. And even in Italy, there are hundreds of rallys in many different series. How could the results be compared?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]Results, results... Victory in Slovakia is not the same as in Italy. And even in Italy, there are hundreds of rallys in many different series. How could the results be compared?
    maybe something like, Slovakia winner gets 10x1 ranking points, Italian 10x2 points, IRC 5x10, top european national series 6-7x10, and wrc 10x10 points, but it will be difficult to rank series, or on what bases to rank.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    At Mirek, I'm sorry but in that article they don't say it. They just admit it has flaws.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    It's based on results, propably it will have somekind of coefficient system.
    Exactly, should be a coefficient based on stage times, not overall results.
    Mark Kent - The older I get, the faster I was

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But i think this system is only giving somekind of hint where the driver should start, normally i dont think there has been problems with the starting order.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    I was near to chance do that official ranks for FIA... But I am happy they will do it "alone", because I dont agree with their rules.

I am thinking about ranking system for a veeeeery long time, but I hadnt found the good system for it yet...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Why not have an egg & spoon race to determine the starting order..........
    Because of the problems designating the 'control' chicken species to apply for each race, and restrictions on the spoon size to stop manu teams from spending too much money on expensive spoons with enhanced egg grip.....

I'll get me coat.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ranking FIA vs. ATP

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    But i think this system is only giving somekind of hint where the driver should start, normally i dont think there has been problems with the starting order.
    Like in tennis for example? There is this ATP ranking, but in Wimbledon they never accept it...