Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Agree as well, nothing more frustrating than not being able to see what's happening.

My favourite view is on top of the dashboard looking out the front of the car straight across the bonnet, like one of the view options was on WRC3 or whatever, that was perfect Those on the IRC cars yesterday was very good, but there was a bit of an angle so not perfect, it has to be straight on. Really don't like bumper cameras
    I actually like bumper cams. Personally as long as we're looking forward and getting a sensation of speed it's all good. In car cameras show crashes and rolls well but they just don't give any sensation of speed
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I like the cameras like they used to have on the Xsaras, mounted on top so you get a good view of the road ahead.

I remember they had bumper cameras in Finland one time and then they destroyed it by putting their silly information graphic right in front of the road surface, where all of the interest was, so that all you could see was a bit of sky and a few trees whizzing past.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    And they are taping up half of the windscreen.
    Hej Viking, what have you heard as the reasons for taping more and more of the windscreen?
    I think you have closer contacts and maybe you've heard something.
    I wonder when I see what appears to be a mere 'mode-fluga' or stupid fad---eg something I can see now reason for suddenly become common and then, naturally continue to the point of making no sense at all.

How did we survive without half our windsceens blocked say 10-12 years ago.
    Where will be the logical end of this increasing trend?

WHY??
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree that it was better when you could see out of the car through the windscreen, seeing the driver at work on the wheel and gearstick. That's another thing, It's said that they have to keep the cost's down nowadays, and still they insist on having electro/hydraulic paddle shifters.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The best in-car video I saw, in terms of quality, interest of stage and position of camera, was on the 2006 Monte with Gilles Panizzi in the Škoda Fabia WRC. Great view from between the seats, with the dash and steering wheel visible. The stage started on dry tarmac before climbing into the mountains where there was snow and ice. Gilles had to use all his skill to keep the car on the road. The video is in widescreen format, and you can even see me on the inside of a hairpin!

I've not seen anything as well-filmed, or as exciting in terms of the stage, since.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sasamsa
    Hes not asking where to find them.
    There are hundreds of onboards on WRC channel http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=wrc
    I can't watch this, how could you watch a 2" screen of onboards? BTW, I mentioned live - "that's wrc for yah". They don't have the good stuff anymore. Especially after watching this mornings live 2 hour coverage of IRC Monte... WRC is more $$$ than rally nowadays, not so much else. Recent WRC stages, best bet is Toni's "In Car Specials" program. Which doesn't exist anymore with suzuki pulling out I presume so it's only going to be worse coverage. I hope they learn from IRC!! Maybe they will get better. Seems WRC is more lifestyle program nowadays...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by club_soda
    I can't watch this, how could you watch a 2" screen of onboards? BTW, I mentioned live - "that's wrc for yah". They don't have the good stuff anymore. Especially after watching this mornings live 2 hour coverage of IRC Monte... WRC is more $$$ than rally nowadays, not so much else. Recent WRC stages, best bet is Toni's "In Car Specials" program. Which doesn't exist anymore with suzuki pulling out I presume so it's only going to be worse coverage. I hope they learn from IRC!! Maybe they will get better. Seems WRC is more lifestyle program nowadays...

You either have a 2" screen or you never heard of "fullscreen".
    They are even ih HighQ.
    And how is watching a recording of 'In Car Specials' = watching live stage

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sasamsa

You either have a 2" screen or you never heard of "fullscreen".
    They are even ih HighQ.
    And how is watching a recording of 'In Car Specials' = watching live stage
    Our definitions of high quality are very different if you call those small file sizes in full screen HighQ. Probably just a misunderstanding, I've never watched live WRC footage so I really don't know what they're like, I usually download the days stages review torrent files but this:

http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=300...20with%20Mikko

Isn't high quality.

Watching the "in car specials" isn't watching live, that's not what I'm trying to say, I'm saying it's atleast proper in car footage.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Bumper cams are extremley boring, as are the sounds of modern WRC cars.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I kindda like that camera that shows the tire and damper working during the stage (specially good in Finland) ok you cant see the road ahead but still that view is quite interesting