Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

S2000 fast enough for wrc?

Look at he Monte Carlo now and doesn't this go fast enough?
    S2000 is a real rallycar and i hope there comes none S2000+ what they then call wrccar.
    WRC championship would have to be open for all S2000 cars, I, however, want to see private teams win rallies in the wrc? mokin:
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    WRC cars are much faster.. With turbo kit why not..

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Brother John, there have been enough discussion (even at this forum) about the appropriated category for WRChampionship, and S2000+ seems to be a reasonable choice.

Problem now it’s that time is beginning to be short in order to get S2000+ ready for the 2010 season, and maintain the WRC cars until 2011 is suicidal, because it can never attract more manufacturers into WRC.

Only in that sense, and if FIA isn’t able to produce without delay the new regulations, I would agree with you in letting S2000 became the main category at WRC (like it was suggested at last November WMSC).

Let’s way, see and hope for a wise and quick decision... mokin:
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    WRC cars are much faster.. With turbo kit why not..
    Applause for Barreis, you are therefore someone whom does not get it.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    This would be quite a good move for WRC, so it probably won't happen.

We are nearly at the end of January and there is still no confirmed news of next year's regs and there seems some doubt as to whether they are workable.

There are already 3 manufacturer official S2000s and many more private/semi official cars around.

Could just axe WRC altogether and Ford and Citroen can come and play in IRC instead

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Hopefully the good reception of the Monte this week will push the FIA into going the S2000 route. Then once the teams are comfortable with the platform after maybe 2 seasons they can think about adding a bit more power.

It just doesn't seem right to exclude all the machines out there from top competition when the WRC is trying to rebuild itself. If an evolution of the S2000 gets put forward you will end up with just two manufacturers with the top cars, just the same as it is now.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Look at he Monte Carlo now and doesn't this go fast enough?
    S2000 is a real rallycar and i hope there comes none S2000+ what they then call wrccar.
    WRC championship would have to be open for all S2000 cars, I, however, want to see private teams win rallies in the wrc? mokin:
    No way. I couldn't watch all of that IRC footage of Monte, I got bored with it, the cars are way too slow. Particulary on tarmac, they lack the torque of the turbo cars. It needs to be S2000+ otherwise it's going to send us all to sleep.

Interesting though how people reckon the S2000's are great but Group N is boring, considering they're are suppose to be equivalent (apart for the price). They may sound more spectacular, but after a while they all sound the same and it all gets a bit monotonous.
    Mark Kent - The older I get, the faster I was

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

WRC way ahead

Here is my proposal for way ahead:

2009-2010: Final refinement of the + kit regulations
    2011-2012: Development and test of the + kit for the manufacurers
    2013: S2000+ will take over as WRC, S2000 continues as the car both for P-WRC and J-WRC.

So if this was done S2000 would be the cartype for WRC from 2010 until start 2013.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TKM
    No way. I couldn't watch all of that IRC footage of Monte, I got bored with it, the cars are way too slow. Particulary on tarmac, they lack the torque of the turbo cars. It needs to be S2000+ otherwise it's going to send us all to sleep.
    I agree. The S2000 cars are really not good when they come out a slow corner or a hairpin. The spectacle is not there too, even a Group N is more spectacular.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    I agree. The S2000 cars are really not good when they come out a slow corner or a hairpin. The spectacle is not there too, even a Group N is more spectacular.
    Agree, but be careful Wim. the s2000 hypers will attack you. s2000 will kill rally as a sport and only the die hard rallyfans will follow.

Joe Public will forget that rally ever existed