Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzeidzei
    Have you seen dumb and dumber? Jim Carrey asks the girl "Do you think there is a chance for us?" and the girl says "maybe one in a million". So Jim shouts: SO THERE IS A CHANCE!.

I prefer the toilet scene, much funnier, and probably just as much sh!t.

Can we all try to accept that;

We cannot prove he lied,

and

We cannot prove he didn't lie.

Stop being last word freaks and concentrate on 2009 already.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko

Stop being last word freaks and concentrate on 2009 already.
    Mate, its a discussion board, we're going to discuss things.

Its what this is for

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PolePosition_1
    Mate, its a discussion board, we're going to discuss things.

Its what this is for
    Indeed, but flogging a dead horse?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Indeed, but flogging a dead horse?
    Shhhh, you'll give Max ideas

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Have you seen dumb and dumber? Jim Carrey asks the girl "Do you think there is a chance for us?" and the girl says "maybe one in a million". So Jim shouts: SO THERE IS A CHANCE!.

In that sense its possible that RD didnt lie.

By fact you seem to mean that Ron would have to agree that he knew and actually lied. He will never do that. For me its factual enough if everything points to one conclusion. And the other possibility is unthinkable. Which in this case it is.

Everything says that the sun will rise tomorrow. Whether RD admitted that or not.

But fine, if it makes you happy you can say that RD never lied, heīs a true gentleman and did nothing wrong related to the spygate affair. Youre entitled to think so.
    Excellent post.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In that sense its possible that RD didnt lie.

By fact you seem to mean that Ron would have to agree that he knew and actually lied. He will never do that. For me its factual enough if everything points to one conclusion. And the other possibility is unthinkable. Which in this case it is.

Everything says that the sun will rise tomorrow. Whether RD admitted that or not.

But fine, if it makes you happy you can say that RD never lied, heīs a true gentleman and did nothing wrong related to the spygate affair. Youre entitled to think so.

Can you pinpoint me what "points" all point to one conclusion?

I've read the whole report numerous times, I've debated this topic extensively, and I've never come to the conclusion that it all but suggests he lied.

I support Alonso and Williams. So wouldn't say I'm a blind McLaren fan or anything.

And an admission of his guilt would solve the issue. But other things as well, such as proof, in form of a text message, email, telephone recording.

Just stuff they use to find guilt in court - otherwise the guilt is beyond reasonable doubt, as I said earlier, innocent until proven guilty.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    It's easy to bash Ron, because he is under the spotlight, but I would like to ask - who wouldn't have lied in such situation? Who wouldn't lie if there is so much at stake (probably the existence of a team) and there is a chance of escape. After Ron had "lied" - as you put it - the spygate was seemingly over until the poor relationship with Alonso deepened and became costly for the team, without that maybe nothing would have happened. You think Ron would have been the only team manager on planet to act like that in such peculiar situation?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    It's easy to bash Ron, because he is under the spotlight, but I would like to ask - who wouldn't have lied in such situation?
    Who? A real gentleman, someone with a backbone, with a real sense of dignity!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PolePosition_1
    Can you pinpoint me what "points" all point to one conclusion?
    Fine, thisīll be my last post regarding Ron.

McL under Ronīs supervision has had a reputation of being extremely professional, highly organised etc. In numerous interviews Kimi basicly said that he didnt like McL because he couldnt take a piss and not let the team boss know about it (well, not in those words so no need to google it).

And now you suggest the team was trying or discussing new brake designs, trying new mixture in tyres etc AND Ron didnt know about it. Even if theres no email, no text message etc. there is no chance in hell that Ron didnt know. I think the professionalism shows itself in the fact that there is no evidence.

I cannot make my point more clearly than that. Feel free to disagree, you have every right to do so.