Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

Ron's gone babe, Rons gone

So with Ron moving on to pastures new, who's in the firing line to get the top job at McLaren?

EDIT
    Don't worry, it did go straight to Whitmarsh so the gossip I'd heard that it might not turned out to be rubbish

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7833402.stm

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Martin Whitmarsh - seems kinda obvious?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7833402.stm
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Obviously it wont be long before the inevitable vitreol but Ron has been a great Statesman for the sport.

Taking Bruces dream, he has forged McLaren into one, if not the best centre for Motorsport excellence in the World.

His contribution will be sorely missed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Obviously it wont be long before the inevitable vitreol but Ron has been a great Statesman for the sport.

Taking Bruces dream, he has forged McLaren into one, if not the best centre for Motorsport excellence in the World.

His contribution will be sorely missed.
    Agreed!

Some questions sure will arouse. Can Whitmarsh fill Ronīs Wellingtons, is Hamilton still "The Golden Boy" for Whitmarsh?

Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Certainly his track record is superb, his win ratio excellent, but the idea that the man whose team was handed the heaviest fine in F1 history is a 'statesman' is somewhat over the top.

A superb team principal? Yes. A great statesman? No.

Then again, Bismarck was a great statesman, and look where that led! So maybe you have a point.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Certainly his track record is superb, his win ratio excellent, but the idea that the man whose team was handed the heaviest fine in F1 history is a 'statesman' is somewhat over the top.

Then again, Bismarck was a great statesman, and look where that led! So maybe you have a point.
    Agreed. It seems rather predictable that someone is looking at it through Ron coloured glasses

I certainly won't miss Ron
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Agreed. It seems rather predictable that someone is looking at it through Ron coloured glasses

I certainly won't miss Ron
    Thatīs your problem.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauri A
    Thatīs your problem.
    Problem? What problem?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello

Superb principal for someone who failed to see what was going on his team in 2007. Questionable I must say.

But I agree . Excellent career, huge success, and a huge figure within F1. I've always liked Ron, whilst a businessman, you can tell he is passionate about McLaren, whilst many will slate him for 2007 etc, those press gatherings he held in Belgium, you could see the emotion this man holds to his reputation, and the reputation of the company he works for. And I'll always admire that.

I'm going to miss the guy. And very much look forward to how the McLaren Group progress.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PolePosition_1
    I'm going to miss the guy
    That's your problem