Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I agree with Murray (The Phantom) and Mark (Mach24) that Edwards would be back to his best in WSBK if he deciced to go back. If you look at Troy Bayliss's performance in Motogp, it was not so good, apart from some moments when he got some good results. I think the Motogp machines require a certain kind of rider, as to the riding style required. WSBK's are a different animal, and riders like Bayliss just suit the style of riding required in WSBK. I think Colin would be at the pointy end for sure.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    I take it you did not watch Edwards vs. Bayliss for WSB 2002?

Personally I think he's one of the hardest WSB riders on the planet...
    I did watch WSB 2002. Have a copy of the final race with "Keep This!" written on it. Maybe the word "bail" was a bit harsh and when I get my female brain to sort out what I'm trying to say I'll have another try.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I kind of agree with Sue about Edwards. He'll be at least 34 next year and I would prefer to see young talent coming through on the Ten Kate bike, especially given that Bayliss is likely to retire. He's a fighter though and would be competitive.
    Any team/rider rumours at the moment are to be taken with a grain of salt. Talks might have started but I can't see anything being settled for months yet. Given that only 3 riders are currently contracted for next year and with such a wealth of talent pushing through from the 250 class, this silly season is going to be frantic. I've heard the exact same Suzuki rumour except with the Alstare team running Biaggi instead of Elias. Time will tell.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    According to Eurosport, this is the current prospective MotoGP lineups for 2008.

Repsol Honda - Confirmed: Nicky Hayden, Dani Pedrosa.

Gresini Honda - Likely: James Toseland. Maybe: Marco Melandri, Toni Elias, Andrea Dovizioso, Kenan Sofuoglu.

Konica Minolta Honda - Confirmed: Shinya Nakano.

LCR Honda - Maybe: Carlos Checa, Andrea Dovizioso, James Toseland.

Yamaha - Confirmed: Valentino Rossi. Likely: Jorge Lorenzo. Maybe: Colin Edwards.

Tech-3 Yamaha - Likely: Sylvain Guintoli. Maybe: Makoto Tamada, Carlos Checa, Alex de Angelis, Colin Edwards.

Ducati - Confirmed: Casey Stoner. Likely: Marco Melandri. Maybe: Loris Capirossi, James Toseland.

D'Antin Ducati - Maybe: Loris Capirossi, Alex Barros, Alex Hofmann, James Toseland, Neil Hodgson.

Suzuki - Likely: John Hopkins, Chris Vermeulen.

Kawasaki - Likely: Randy de Puniet, Loris Capirossi. Maybe: Colin Edwards, John Hopkins, Chris Vermeulen, Neil Hodgson.

The maybes

KR (If they can keep hold of their sponsors) - Likely: Kenny Roberts Jr. Maybe: Colin Edwards.

Alstare Suzuki (If they move from World Superbikes) - Likely: Max Biaggi. Maybe: Ben Spies, Colin Edwards.

Aspar Suzuki, Kawasaki or Honda (If they move up from 250s and 125s) - Likely: Toni Elias. Maybe: Alvaro Bautista, Alex de Angelis.

Ilmor (If they can find some money to return) - Likely: Jeremy McWilliams.

Maybe: Alex de Angelis, Hiroshi Aoyama, Neil Hodgson, Colin Edwards.

There are a lot of rides and riders up for grabs next year so there will be rumours galore til then. I really can't believe that any MotoGP team would give Neil Hodgson a moments consideration.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    There are a lot of rides and riders up for grabs next year so there will be rumours galore til then. I really can't believe that any MotoGP team would give Neil Hodgson a moments consideration.
    I was about to say the same thing! If he gets a ride i will be disgusted!
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Kawasaki - Anthony West ?
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    Wouldnt that be grouse! Fingers crossed..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    For the rest of the year maybe but would have to impress big time to score the ride next year. Perhaps Aspar will run a Kwak team he could ride for.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    could be someone new at Kawa very soon. I will be surprised if OJ lasts another race weekend never mind the rest of the season.
    go speed racer go

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman
    could be someone new at Kawa very soon. I will be surprised if OJ lasts another race weekend never mind the rest of the season.
    Out with the OJ, and in with the Bundy Rum Yeah ha
    Sandra O is YUMMY