Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just can't see Bayliss retiring at the end of this year. He just signed a 2-year deal with Ducati and with the state of competition at the moment, it is just perfect for him and he enjoys it so much. Can certainly see him taking up suck a post for 09 tho.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mx311

Honda are rumoured to be building a 4-stroke 250cc bike to try and pressure the FIM to reform the 125 and 250 rules for 2008/09. Honda and Yamaha have both stated that they'd like 250 4-strokes to replace the current 125's and 450 4-strokes to replace the current 250's, the same as what happened in motocross racing.
    This is interesting, currently Yamaha is focussing to the premiere class motogp, initiation of this new project would be positive step they will take part again fully in the smaller classes.

My the only one rider, Doni who usually plays wildcard at Sepang likely will not race 125 this season, Yamaha has stopped 2 stroke bike development and therefore They will give him chance to try 250 class

btw, the only thing rumour untouchable by media is official sponsor of Yamaha, FIM has listed them as Yamaha Factory Racing Team

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I came across these pics of what supposedly was HRC's 250cc 4stroke prototype.

I googled GPMR250X and from what I found its actually an RS125 chassis with a CRF250 engine made for GP-Mono class racing by Harc-Pro

Moriwaki also offer their own 125 chassis with several 250cc engine choices (Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki)
    http://www.moriwaki.co.jp/top_news/gp-mono-eng.pdf

so these arent the bikes that will replace the 125cc 4-strokes but I think they give as a first look on what to expect if GP switches from 125 and 250 2-stroke to 250 and 450 4-stroke
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I read that Benelli are set to return to World Superbike in 2009 with a 1000cc V6! That would be sensational! I don't know what the regs say about 6cylinder bikes in WSB but that would certainly add some variety. They are also said to be developing a 600 supersport as well so good luck to 'em. Hope they can get back to racing and in a competitive form this time.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Benelli back to racing, sounds good in theory, but, they will most likely turn up with an uncompetitive bike, lack of sponsors, a rider that has no hope of riding anywhere but the back of the field, then pull out after a year or 2 of dissapointing engine failures, set up problems and lack of funds and that will be the end of it. I know this all sounds a tad pessemistic (spelling doh), but that's my plan. As soon as some new manufacture (or in this case, an old name trying to bring back the glory days) states their plan to get back into racing and I get all excited about it, they usually bomb out and it pisses me off, so, this time I will be negative from the outset, so I won't be dissapointed when it all goes wrong. I hope I am wrong and they do well, BUT............
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    Benelli back to racing, sounds good in theory, but, they will most likely turn up with an uncompetitive bike, lack of sponsors, a rider that has no hope of riding anywhere but the back of the field, then pull out after a year or 2 of dissapointing engine failures, set up problems and lack of funds and that will be the end of it. I know this all sounds a tad pessemistic (spelling doh), but that's my plan. As soon as some new manufacture (or in this case, an old name trying to bring back the glory days) states their plan to get back into racing and I get all excited about it, they usually bomb out and it pisses me off, so, this time I will be negative from the outset, so I won't be dissapointed when it all goes wrong. I hope I am wrong and they do well, BUT............
    Almost sounds like you were describing Ilmor.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Or KTM/KR, or Aprilia MotoGP, or Foggy Petronas, or Kawasaki MotoGP, or WCM... it's a mean old world!
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    if Benelli return to WSBK I hope they do with a 1000cc triple, Foggy blamed his team's failure to the 100cc disadvantage so I'm curious to see how a triple of equal displacement will measure up to the twins and fours
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Will Benelli be able to use the 1150 if Ducati get their wish for a capacity bump? The big triple would give Ducati kittens... : )

Are there any plans for the 675 Daytona to go to WSS (I assume it is legal as you can run a 750 twin...)?
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't think so Phantom but they race one in BSS. I would love to see Triumph do it though.
    Get off my lawn