Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

Re: The Stupidest Movie

Armageddon..it was on tv last night and I remembered how terrible it was...
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Spafranco
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I personally really hated "Crash". The movie is a picture of a self-hating left wing liberal white film director trying to give his uneducated audience a lesson on why "racism is bad". Hmm-okay, we got that. Does movie habe any other redeeming qualities? NONE! The movie is filled with unexpected, cheesy turns of plot that you can only see coming out of Hollywood. After this movie won an Oscar for best picture, I stopped paying attention to Oscar awards completely.
    This is a decent thread. Keep your political views out of it please.
    When a movie is overtly political how can one offer any critique without using one's political views?

Can you talk about movies like "All the President's Men" or one of my favorites, "Wag the Dog" with bring up politics?

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts

Re: The Stupidest Movie

I'm thinking of something really strange. Whenever in my long existance I went to a cinema to see a movie I had the patience to watch it till the end even if I didn't like it. And mind you, I've been even to syrian, turkish, egyptian, indian, etc. movies ( I admit of seeing even north korean movies of the Kim Ir Sen era but only on TV ).
    This year for the first time in my life I felt the urge to stand up and leave the cinema but unfortunately I was trapped in the middle of a row and I was embarassed to disturb the rest of the audience ( for the first time in years the theatre was full and I could hardly find a seat ).
    The movie wasn't bad - even had loads of Oscar nominees- but I found it dead boring as I couldn't relate to the plot. I had 2 options: to fall asleep or to concentrate only on the lead actor who was one of my favs when he was younger. I opted for the latter cos it was a matinee and too early for a nap....
    I think it's a certain sign of getting old....