Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    And how did you do that, exactly?
    Well apparently when I posted my thread in August I was actually saying "Just stop using gas and oil" rather than lets invest in renewable and alternative sources of energy and slowly achieve energy self independence from Russia. Of course I didn't just say "stop using gas and oil" because yeah that's going to work! Want to go to work? Sorry no oil for petrol or diesel to run your car or the bus you go to work on. Want to live? Oh sorry you just froze to death because you didn't heat your house up with gas.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    Ok, let's stop the debate, I also can't get on with someone who's not able to understand it's imposible to cut gas CONSUMPTION without economic danages and a degradation of living conditions. I had the bad luck to live the experience of a "saving unregenerable resources period ", you hadn't, so I'll let you dream on.
    You continue to ignore what I actually posted in the other thread. If power generation starts relying more on renewable resources and less on gas from Russia then you will be less susceptible to these sorts of actions by Russia.

You don't simply cut consumption, you build capacity in for another resource which does the same job as the other resource. We will never completely be able to rely upon renewable resources but we can cut comsumption if we build additional capacity in other forms of capacity. Whether the heat for your home is produced by burning duck droppings, praising Allah/Budha/God, burning coal, burning gas or is done some of the time by renewable energy your house will be heated so what's the big deal? Are you being nostalgic about gas or something because I don't understand why you are so obsessed with gas rather than some other form of heating.....

Perhaps you're spooked by me using the same words as your old "friend" Ceausescu but what I'm talking about is vastly different. One wonders what people like yourself suggest doing when the gas runs out and there is no more gas in the world to run your boiler?

What then?

Edit: I should also point out that our home is heated by electric storage heaters. So from midnight-7am when the electricity is cheaper the heater heats up which slowly releases heat throughout the day. Unless I'm very much mistaken and the electrons generated by renewable energy are incompatible with it then we can heat our house with electrons generated from renewable sources with no issue whatsoever or am I missing something?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    And how did you do that, exactly?
    Do you think that the 2 ways suggested by our mutual friend can be applied to Slovakia, for example?

Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
    The solution is simple - use energy resources that create lots of polution!

For example:

Switch to Electricity

The Power Station Creates Pollution

The Pollution increases the hole in the Ozone Layer, accelerating Global Warming

The World heats up

PROBLEM SOLVED...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Do you think that the 2 ways suggested by our mutual friend can be applied to Slovakia, for example?
    I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with the intricate details of the power industry in Slovakia.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Well, that depends on whether or not Slovakia has the money to invest in alternate sources of energy in order to decrease its dependance on Russian resources. Obviously.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    You continue to ignore what I actually posted in the other thread. If power generation starts relying more on renewable resources and less on gas from Russia then you will be less susceptible to these sorts of actions by Russia.

You don't simply cut consumption, you build capacity in for another resource which does the same job as the other resource. We will never completely be able to rely upon renewable resources but we can cut comsumption if we build additional capacity in other forms of capacity. Whether the heat for your home is produced by burning duck droppings, praising Allah/Budha/God, burning coal, burning gas or is done some of the time by renewable energy your house will be heated so what's the big deal? Are you being nostalgic about gas or something because I don't understand why you are so obsessed with gas rather than some other form of heating.....

Perhaps you're spooked by me using the same words as your old "friend" Ceausescu but what I'm talking about is vastly different. One wonders what people like yourself suggest doing when the gas runs out and there is no more gas in the world to run your boiler?

What then?

Edit: I should also point out that our home is heated by electric storage heaters. So from midnight-7am when the electricity is cheaper the heater heats up which slowly releases heat throughout the day. Unless I'm very much mistaken and the electrons generated by renewable energy are incompatible with it then we can heat our house with electrons generated from renewable sources with no issue whatsoever or am I missing something?
    What you say is theoretically sublime and reminds me the Boc governamental programme. But once again practice is killing us......

Don't have the energy ( ) to give you a proper answer as it's time for me to go home. But I think your theory misses a few important things like natural conditions, the level of natural resources, costs of exploatation, costs of diffrent kinds of energy. Put these things into equation and you'll see what I meant. And remember that I don't speak about heating a home but of a country economy and standard of life.

P.S. Who knows, maybe I'm really obsessed with gas as I aim to have a gas heated home.
    For this part of the world it's the most comfortable, the cheapest, the most convenient, the most efficient. Well, just explaining its popularity....

As for other forms of heating....Difficult when you live in a big city with many blocks, with cold grey winter days.....

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Well apparently when I posted my thread in August I was actually saying "Just stop using gas and oil" rather than lets invest in renewable and alternative sources of energy and slowly achieve energy self independence from Russia. Of course I didn't just say "stop using gas and oil" because yeah that's going to work! Want to go to work? Sorry no oil for petrol or diesel to run your car or the bus you go to work on. Want to live? Oh sorry you just froze to death because you didn't heat your house up with gas.
    I was just waiting for some justification beyond "HA! I knew you'd say that! I am right!" :

What you say is theoretically sublime and reminds me the Boc governamental programme. But once again practice is killing us......

Don't have the energy ( ) to give you a proper answer as it's time for me to go home. But I think your theory misses a few important things like natural conditions, the level of natural resources, costs of exploatation, costs of diffrent kinds of energy. Put these things into equation and you'll see what I meant. And remember that I don't speak about heating a home but of a country economy and standard of life.

P.S. Who knows, maybe I'm really obsessed with gas as I aim to have a gas heated home.
    For this part of the world it's the most comfortable, the cheapest, the most convenient, the most efficient. Well, just explaining its popularity....

As for other forms of heating....Difficult when you live in a big city with many blocks, with cold grey winter days.....
    Convenient, but worth Russia having a stranglehold over your country?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Convenient, but worth Russia having a stranglehold over your country?
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=spyyKkOK20I

Apparently