Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts

A big " hello" to all those members who....

....were so enthusiast to thnk "It's time to screw Russia over " ( see related topic ).

Anyway that's what can happens when you dare to upset the "tzar":
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7814743.stm

Latest news are that the gas was already cut so I have another greeting for those who live in central Europe and Balkans: Happy freezing!!!!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    If you recall the first post in that thread was talking about achieving long term energy independence from Russia. I wasn't advocating giving Russia the finger and then wondering why it was suddenly getting cold or stealing their gas
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Yeah... I think I recall your utopic solutions like cutting the gas and oil consumptions. At the moment I'm in the postion to follow your advice and I'm wearing an extra coat ( that's how Ceausescu learnt us to redice gas imports ).

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    Yeah... I think I recall your utopic solutions like cutting the gas and oil consumptions. At the moment I'm in the postion to follow your advice and I'm wearing an extra coat ( that's how Ceausescu learnt us to redice gas imports ).
    Don't go quoting me out of context thankyouverymuch

My suggestion was in no way "Cut consumption and deal with the cold"
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

I'm ready to apologize if due to my bad knowledge of english I misunderstood quotes like:

On page 1:
    "If people in power around the world realise that without oil and gas money Russia is nothing then we can start to invest in renewable energy and also cut comsumption enough to give Russia the finger".

On page 2:
    "Russia can turn off the gas and freeze you to death if they want. If Europe wants things to stay the way they are now we need to stop using oil and gas like we have an unlimited and consequence free supply of the stuff."

OK, here in Romania we have our own gas resources, we still have an acceptable russian gas stock, we still can use coal and fuel oil, however it was declared emergency state , the girl next to me is already wearing 3 sweaters and a shawl and our president is desperately trying to get in touch with mr.Putin.
    A classic alive said " winter is not like summer " so no matter how much we try to reduce consumption we can't live without heat and food.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm ready to apologize if due to my bad knowledge of english I misunderstood quotes like:

On page 1:
    "If people in power around the world realise that without oil and gas money Russia is nothing then we can start to invest in renewable energy and also cut comsumption enough to give Russia the finger".

On page 2:
    "Russia can turn off the gas and freeze you to death if they want. If Europe wants things to stay the way they are now we need to stop using oil and gas like we have an unlimited and consequence free supply of the stuff."

OK, here in Romania we have our own gas resources, we still have an acceptable russian gas stock, we still can use coal and fuel oil, however it was declared emergency state , the girl next to me is already wearing 3 sweaters and a shawl and our president is desperately trying to get in touch with mr.Putin.
    A classic alive said " winter is not like summer " so no matter how much we try to reduce consumption we can't live without heat and food.
    Page 1 - I said cut consumption, not stop using gas full stop.
    Page 2 - I said we need to stop usng it like we have an unlimited and consequance free supply of the stuff.

Thanks for proving my point for me as I'm far too lazy to have gone back to that thread and posted my words again

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Page 1 - I said cut consumption, not stop using gas full stop.
    Page 2 - I said we need to stop usng it like we have an unlimited and consequance free supply of the stuff.

Thanks for proving my point for me as I'm far too lazy to have gone back to that thread and posted my words again
    I could have bet you'll say this.
    I'm glad I've proved your point was wrong.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I could have bet you'll say this.
    I'm sorry but I'm not going to have an argument with someone who clearly doesn't understand what was being said.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    And how did you do that, exactly?

Ok, let's stop the debate, I also can't get on with someone who's not able to understand it's imposible to cut gas CONSUMPTION without economic danages and a degradation of living conditions. I had the bad luck to live the experience of a "saving unregenerable resources period ", you hadn't, so I'll let you dream on.