Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dr Who

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New Dr Who

The BBC are telling us who, come 2010, will be the new Dr Who later today.

Anyone care? Anyone wonder, in a non-cynical way of course, if they'll announce one person then use another come summer's filming : ? Anyone wonder just how much of the BBC budget's been spent on Dr Who related news of late?

They may aswell be a commercial channel with all the adverts for the show they've run this past month.
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    in the spirit of change, I predict that the new Dr. Who will be...

female.

Everything else has been "... been there, done that", so why not?
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    God is this thing still going, I watched a couple of episodes of the new Dr Who and thought I'd accidentally tuned into CBBC.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    Anyone care?
    Me, for one

From the very limited interview last night, the new guy actually might be very good. He's got a certain quirkyness about him and seems very respectful of the show's past while willing to add his own stamp to the character.

Anyone wonder just how much of the BBC budget's been spent on Dr Who related news of late?

They may aswell be a commercial channel with all the adverts for the show they've run this past month.
    Once you include overseas sales and DVD rights, Dr Who more than pays for itself. It's debatable whether a commercial channel would have taken the risk in the first place.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Once you include overseas sales and DVD rights, Dr Who more than pays for itself. It's debatable whether a commercial channel would have taken the risk in the first place.

Oh I believe it makes money, but do they have to spend five minutes in every sixty bleating on about it on News 24? Not to mention all the back slapping between writer, ex-writer and assorted actors (just how many "world class" actors can possibly have played the role then vanished for ten years? ).

When they did pause in the fawning for a moment and say who he is, I quite liked him. Still would have been happier for Eccleston back though
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hate it when people say who cares? Who cares? Just because you don't care, doesn't mean the rest of the world couldn't give a hoot either. Although tbh I don't care about Dr Who, but it seems millions of people do.

I'd rather the BBC got rid of Songs of Praise, as Dave said I reckon Dr Who actually makes a profit where as Songs of Praise is just a waste and I doubt it gets all that many viewers either.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    It was a quirky and fun show. I watched it up until about a year ago. But once Billie Piper returned as Rose, whatever was going on with her mouth or teeth became so distracting that I stopped watching the show all together. I read that she'd had some corrective dental work done, and that's fine. But I think they should have given her more time to recover before putting her on the air again.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

I'm a big Dr. Who fan.
    Tom Baker (4th Dr) is my all-time favorite Doctor.
    I also liked Jon Pertwee (3rd Dr) & Peter Davidson (5th Dr) very much.
    I really liked David Tennant (10th Dr) as his manner was reminiscent of Tom Baker (to me).
    Now there is going to be another new Doctor, sometimes change is not good ...

My favorite companions were :
    Sergeant Benton (John Levene)
    Brigadier Alastair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart (Nicholas Courtney)
    Sarah Jane Smith (Elisabeth Sladen)
    Harry Sullivan (Ian Marter)
    Leela (Louise Jameson)
    Romana I (Mary Tamm)
    Nyssa (Sarah Sutton)
    Rose Tyler (Billie Piper)

I enjoyed watching the Doctor outsmart the Daleks & other enemies of humanity.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

they're coming...

Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I think that 'Who' is exactly the right word. Never seen the bloke but I said the same of Tennent and he was superb. Personally I think that Eccleston is extremely underrated, he brought the programme back to life and was fantastically dark but frivolous at the same time. I haven't watched it recently because I think that watching Catherine Tate is a worse penalty than death but hopefully the new bloke will be as good as the last two.

As for Yodasarmpit saying that it seemed like CBBC, I always thought that was the point of Doctor Who from the very beginning.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.