Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    after a Norwegian rally yesterday, where Henning drove one of the Kongsrud Fabia WRC's he said that the Fabia will be a winning car with small adjustments, and was better to drive than the 07 Focus !
    Sure...you only need to change engine, drive train, suspension and diffs and you got yourself a winner...
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Sure...you only need to change engine, drive train, suspension and diffs and you got yourself a winner...
    change of driver would not hurt either.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    He also said that we should not be surprised to see him behind the wheel of a Peugeot again. Guessing he then means a whale and not a 207 !?

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Maybe they will set up Norway WRT or Solberg WRT and drive as a team ?

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    after a Norwegian rally yesterday, where Henning drove one of the Kongsrud Fabia WRC's he said that the Fabia will be a winning car with small adjustments, and was better to drive than the 07 Focus !
    That's nice but the Fabia couldn't win in WRC, not unless Ford and Citroen are about to quit too... But when it was set up and driven properly it was a decent car and would still be capable of points these days probably.

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    That's nice but the Fabia couldn't win in WRC, not unless Ford and Citroen are about to quit too... But when it was set up and driven properly it was a decent car and would still be capable of points these days probably.
    But this is also about driving style and getting the car to work for you. If Henning Likes the Fabia or the 307 better than the Focus, then he can get closer to the edge of the car, and drive faster than in a car you do not get the best out of ! It is also about feel and trust for the car, not only development.

Agree RS ?

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    But this is also about driving style and getting the car to work for you. If Henning Likes the Fabia or the 307 better than the Focus, then he can get closer to the edge of the car, and drive faster than in a car you do not get the best out of ! It is also about feel and trust for the car, not only development.

Agree RS ?
    Yes, I do agree.

Henning doesn't seem to have got along with the Focus very well at all. I'm not sure it suits the style of a lot of drivers. Galli was also a disappointment in the Focus and Duval did not seem to get on with it all that well either.

It would certainly be interesting to see Henning in a 307 or even a Fabia next year

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Yes, I do agree.

Henning doesn't seem to have got along with the Focus very well at all. I'm not sure it suits the style of a lot of drivers. Galli was also a disappointment in the Focus and Duval did not seem to get on with it all that well either.

It would certainly be interesting to see Henning in a 307 or even a Fabia next year
    Malcom wouldn't let them come close to the M1 cars. If they got good settings it would suddenly be changed or the "We had to change your rear diff, but we had none with the spec you wanted" way. Then is better to do the Mikkelsen or Adapta solution. By out the cars and test and develop them in a different team

MJW
    M-Sport customer cars are "way different" to the factory cars. Also they run the team as a support function to the BP cars. I hope if Petter gets an M-Sport car it will be a proper factory car. When Marcus was at Ford he would speak Swedish to Henning (a language understood by both of them) and he would help more than the team. I get the impression Henning doesn't want to top up the Wilson family finances any more.

Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    M-Sport customer cars are "way different" to the factory cars. Also they run the team as a support function to the BP cars. I hope if Petter gets an M-Sport car it will be a proper factory car. When Marcus was at Ford he would speak Swedish to Henning (a language understood by both of them) and he would help more than the team. I get the impression Henning doesn't want to top up the Wilson family finances any more.
    I dont think Henning thinks to much about the money, but if we read btw the lines in reports during and after rallies this year, a lot of strange things happened to the car, and some times without him asking for change, and when he asked -- the settings went in a different direction than planned.

I think it has to do with trust - and that need to go both ways !!!