Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Petter looses about 7 milj €, the salary + personal sponsor contracts, Subaru dont have to pay him nothing.

Sourse: Finansavisen
    Apparently according to Norwegian media that was "yesterdays news" - today they report that he will be paid. I think its unfair for us here on the forum to speculate about details of contracts and salaries.
    But I am sure a lot of negotiation and compromise has taken place before Petter was allowed to drive other makes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Apparently according to Norwegian media that was "yesterdays news" - today they report that he will be paid. I think its unfair for us here on the forum to speculate about details of contracts and salaries.
    But I am sure a lot of negotiation and compromise has taken place before Petter was allowed to drive other makes.
    Yes, VG says today that he will get some compensation from subaru.
    The Finansavisen claimed that it was solberg him self saying that they did have a clausul in the contract, so it was no speculation.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Rather without driving than to loose that money.. Anyway they are destroying codrivers or themselves and still have to pay millions for that.. Strange!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi! Best bet from me is: Due to Petter's good relations(with Subaru,FHI) and reduced sallery, I guess we'll se him in a own team with a Solberg spec s14. Teammate H.Solberg?Maybe.?
    I think H. is better of in whale then in the Stobart Focus! More testing, and all the parts and setting he needs, will do better then just to jump in a zero-tuned/adjusted Focus! But if M.W will give him the value for his money, with testing, correct parts(diffs,gearboxes .etc) I'll think we will see him in a Focus! Happy newyear everybody!
    Never give up...

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    I want to still believe Henning in the whale

Edit: and Petter Solberg again in S14 ??? So long to the dreams of victory

MJW
    I guess Henning in a whale and PSRT running a Subaru. Maybe some rallycross also for both.
    WRC 2009 becomes even more a rich kids rallying adventure with the likes of Rauntenbach now actually possibly denying a better talent of a car, even though both would "bring money". (There are very few "proper Focus and C4s and S14's in existence.)As Meeke said in the British press before Christmas WRC is now a really sick dog. It will be interesting to see how the year unfolds if the likes of Garde, PG, Duval, Meeke etc get on on IRC & how people will view both championships on next years New Years Eve.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    WRC 2009 becomes even more a rich kids rallying adventure with the likes of Rauntenbach now actually possibly denying a better talent of a car, even though both would "bring money". (There are very few "proper Focus and C4s and S14's in existence.)As Meeke said in the British press before Christmas WRC is now a really sick dog. It will be interesting to see how the year unfolds if the likes of Garde, PG, Duval, Meeke etc get on on IRC & how people will view both championships on next years New Years Eve.
    I agree. I think it looks like a better choice for the Solberg's to do something else for 2009 at least, rather than become tag-alongs in a championship that is almost in the depths of despondency! If the WRC does get back on its feet in 2010, how likely would the Solbergs get their seat back with a top team, if they didn't compete next year?

Its still all up in the air and time is running out.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Happy New Year to Petter and Henning

I hope today we will have definitely official news regarding 2009 program of Solbergs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    I hope today we will have definitely official news regarding 2009 program of Solbergs
    Why today, Tom?