Page 293 of 473 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 4723
    Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    I think andreucci finally found it.so i believe it will be difficult for his opponents to catch him in the future.the only problem for him is the potential reliability problems.i also believe that here stops the discussion about whether basso's (lpg)car have an advantage over the the other gasoline-cars.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    First I agree 100% with nafpaktos about advantage/disadvantage over Basso's car towards other R5 cars. Hope this thread will not turn in convincing each other about technical stuff which nobody doesn't have a clue....I'm more than sure that Basso's team manager, the sponsor and Basso himself know or knew in the past, that they are not handicapped by the LPG. Ok, enaugh of technic...
    To the final results: Andreucci (finally!!!) won, this time in a great way, his victory was never questioned. Those two past days he was the master on the Sicily. Now he is back in the game for the championship fight. Great, I must admit.
    Basso : still great result, he was beaten just by Ucci, he is a world apart faster than others. So, nothing lost for the moment (he has one victory this year); maybe he wasn't in a right mood this weekend. The future is still looking bright for him.
    Nucita : the guy is a (positive) surprise from race to race. Already after third race this season he is discovery of the year. He fought until last meters with last year champion Scandola-and he managed to reach third position. With clearly less 4WD experience and also comparing works Fabia with his private 207...it is an illusion.
    Scandola : will not be happy today and also upcoming days. His championship leadership is slipping away from his hands, he will be forced to drive 110% maximum on the gravel events to compensate the gap against R5 cars and specially to Nucita (I do not count Nucita to be so fast on gravel....maybe I'm wrong, who knows...).
    Cempedelli: very solid performance by young driver, he was in the contact with Nucita, Perico (who retired again, sorry) and Scandola, unfortunately he got two minutes penalties due to late service exit. I'm looking forward for his future starts with Fiesta R5.
    Albertini : almost won 2Wd category, but the fastest in R2 class.
    This is it from Sicily this year.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    SS2 Rally Sardegna CIR is scheduled for 17.46 just after the WRC crews(SS6 WRC = SS2 CIR)

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    TOTALLY GUTTED !!!! Andreucci and Basso can't run properly because of DUST made by Scandola's Skoda !!!! Now Umberto has 35" advantage on Ucci and 1' over Giando...

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Yeah, zee ebil Škoda dust generator
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc View Post
    TOTALLY GUTTED !!!! Andreucci and Basso can't run properly because of DUST made by Scandola's Skoda !!!! Now Umberto has 35" advantage on Ucci and 1' over Giando...
    Indeed Tom, I was reading comments on italian web-site and all except Umby Scandola are complaining over big ''walls'' of dust. Even two minutes delay brings nothing to the visibility....Obviously the anger for all hindered cres must huge as the legs behind U.Scandola are not normal....

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Can somebody explain to me why scandola didn't have problem with dust.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Basso won,Ucci and Scandola probably with problems 3 minutes later at stage

in an Italian forum they said that Ucci had temperature problems,and Basso brake problems. Any confirmation?