Page 268 of 473 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 4723
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Saw this clip last night, definitely committed. :-)

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant_RSA
    Rumours are that Henk will do 3 overseas events this year, i assume to get experience in writing his own notes which we do not do in SA. I am not sure if all will be for the BRR team, however Raimund Baumschlager is quite involved with the VW team in SA from what i am told, helping to develop our Polo S2000's which are very similar to the skoda.

Henk is quite inexperienced, however his inclusion in the VWSA works team and results thus far have been very good considering. Learning to write his own notes may slow him a bit on this event so will be interesting to see how he performs.
    About rallies in SA, why is there no recce ? Are the rally done with unknown stages until the morning of the race ?

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    We have 1 event that is allowed to be recce'd which forms part of the FIA Africa championships, other than that there are various reasons for no recce, but at the end of the day the biggest is most likely financial, time away from work/business etc. I predict a recce will be introduced in the next few years, it is the only way any of our drivers will be able to compete abroad.

Currently we use a system of route notes originally created by Bill Sturrock, the rights were sold in SA to an ex rally driver Leon Botha who has remained active in the sport after retiring. The bound book of notes and a dvd of the stages (driven at a normal decent pace) are supplied a week before the event. In most cases teams will adjust these notes to their liking and in some cases re-write them completely to become pace notes, this can be tricky when not seeing the route "in real life"

This is a massive step forward from the tulips we used to rally on pre 2006

In general the established rallies will use most of the same stages every year, however of late we have had a number of changes to venues/areas where events are held. The classic rallies such as the Sasol and VW Rallies have kept their traditional stages and are fantastic forest stages.

The economy has played its role here as with everywhere else in the world of late, but we still have a field of around 18 S2000's and a healthy number of S1600 (R2) class cars.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    What a mess on Rally della Lanterna, valid for TRA. Yust look a photo taken in the near on one stage's end:

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...71964068_n.jpg

And we are speaking for an area around Genova, not somewhere in Dolomites.....This global warming is going into strange way....
    Anyway, for the moment Paolo Porro is in the lead, but with a relativ small margin (+20sec) compare to local driver Giacobone with P207S2000....

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    And only one 208 R2 from te cup in Lanterna !!!

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci
    What a mess on Rally della Lanterna, valid for TRA. Yust look a photo taken in the near on one stage's end:

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...71964068_n.jpg

And we are speaking for an area around Genova, not somewhere in Dolomites.....This global warming is going into strange way....
    Anyway, for the moment Paolo Porro is in the lead, but with a relativ small margin (+20sec) compare to local driver Giacobone with P207S2000....
    Yep in Italy the weather is even crazier than it's here in Belgium. Crazy images also today in Giro d'Italia, unbelievable to see.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Marco Silva off road ???

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    If general all the championships are under the crisis influence (less entries, not so much competition), the Italian I.R.C.cup is in a ''perfect condition''. Have a look at the enty list for the Rally Prealpi Orobiche:

http://www.giessepromotion.it/cms/im...3/iscritti.pdf

Any predictions about the possible winner?? My hopes are for Perico....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    IRCup Italy has big money prices, also for classes. If I remember right, 10k for R3 winner. With Pirelli as main sponsor. I was at Prize Ceremony past January at Brescia, many many people and very popular. Also the Head Organzier of this Cup are very friendly guys. And a big TV Coverage after each race. Made by my friend ...