Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who are likely to be the suitors to purchase the Honda F1 Team?

Nick Fry has so far noted that there seems to be three serious bidders for the Honda F1 team - who does everyone think these 'realistically' are?

Id imagine the following:

- The Leach/Magma Consortium who were interested in buying Super Aguri.

- Texeiria - A1GP boss who was interested in buying STR and running as a Ferrari B-team - If Honda gets Ferrari engines this could strengthen this possibility. I never liked his motivation though....his idea was to use the team as a promotion devise for the A1GP champion each year and this all just seemed too gimmicky for my liking.

- Prodrive

- Paul Stoddart?

- Roger Penske?

- Nicolas Todt?

- Agag?

- WEGL group?

- Team Schumacher with Ross Brawn and Ferrari engines (Pigs might fly!)

- Any racing teams from the States?

- Peugeot

- Audi / Volkswagen / Porsche group (unlikley I know, but I can dream! Especially unlikely as Audi has just announced it wont run in either LMS or ALMS next season)

Any other realistic suitors which spring to mind at all by anyone??
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it won't be another manufacturer if it does happen. It's much more likely to be some sort of consortium, possibly along the lines of those that tried to buy Super Aguri, but maybe not the same people.
    Established teams buying it had better have backing!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Prodrive seem the obvious one, they've been sniffing round F1 the past couple of years as is well known, and Dave Richards has been there before and is likely to know at least a decent proportion of the staff and the set-up there, although whether this would be a positive or negative factor I don't know...

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    no body cause no body has the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I think Prodrive may be the most likely, and with Dave Richards also in ownership of a certain car manufacturer, maybe a re-naming of the team to Aston Martin perhaps? (i can dream)

As for any team from the states, only 2 come to mind, Penske and AGR and neither i think will have enough cash to make it work in the current climate
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, according to rumours now Dave Richards is the most serious of the three people they're talking to. I really hope that it happens. It's hard to tell given their last season but they've spend so much time on this new car, there's a possibility it would actually be quick.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    no body cause no body has the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I agree.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7
    I agree.

yeah and the other day Pino was celbrating the decline in oil prices......and now rumors are floating around that at under $50 a barrell, many countries are considering some type of bankruptcy or just not paying those massive loans FROM AMERICAN BANKS that are being bailed out for some bad mortgages.

If these loans start defaulting, weeeellll, the home mortgage mess will appear as a minor bump inthe road, compared to falling off mount everest and not stopping till one hits the very bottom
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    andretti wouldn't take the time to piss on f1 so you can rule that one out. rahal maybe if he had a sponsor. What does one do in a recession?? they DRINK - so there is you clue = Also you Euro and us could get rid of this bull smoking ban.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i wouldnt be suprised if it will be some some wealthy oil sheikh or an investor of the same kind as Abu Dhabi that decided that he/they wanted an own f1 team. Espcially with the new tracks that have popped up in the arab world.