Thread: Henri Toivonen

Hybrid View

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Henri Toivonen

Just starting up a thread to stop the Rally GB thread going off topic.

I made a statement that I felt Toivonen was somewhat overrated when compared to the drivers of the day when you compare his supposed talent to his list of wins.

What do other people think? Do you agree that he was unbeatable on all surfaces or do you think that people look back upon his a little more favourably after his tragic death in Corsica? This is not a bashing thread or anything, I think Toivonen was a good driver.

I'd like it if this didn't turn into the usual threads where Loeb is mentioned and people assume that I'm only saying these things because I think Loeb is the best because he's taken all his titles and wins....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 60 Times in 27 Posts
    Hello fellow rally people - your input is now needed! Have you visited the memorial site of Henri and Sergio in Corsica? Or would you like to visit there some day? Please share your experiences by filling out the quick survey at: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/C2601D326E6E486C

This survey aims to collect the experiences of people who have visited the Toivonen - Cresto memorial for a master's thesis done in the Cultural Studies department at the University of Turku In Finland. By responding, you help to capture what Henri and Sergio mean to people still, after all these years!

So thank you for helping to preserve the memory of Toivonen and Cresto - and for being vital part of the rallying culture!

3. Likes: Rallyper (4th December 2023)