Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Even if Toyota leaves, then hopefully not before 2009. I would simply like to see, how can they deal with the new rules.
    And I would like to see Trulli finally on slick tyres. It has been at times guessed that grooved tyres have hindered his potential (don't know, how true is this). Also that he could make a proper retirement, not to get suddenly kicked out during winter. And that Glock has time to find a drive, not to spend a year jobless...

But anyway, Honda's departure came as a big surprise without any warning, which means that predicting is really difficult and we may lose more teams over the winter even if there aren't any signs at the moment. But if Toyota stays in F1 for '09, then that year would be very important for them in every way regarding their future participation, taking into account competitiveness + also the general future of F1 (rules and other factors).

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I would guess Toyota are in for 2009 (although stranger things have happened, like Honda's sudden withdrawal in the first place!) but 2010 and beyond is anyone's guess at this stage. There have been murmurs about a Le Mans program and withdrawing from F1 before all this with Honda kicked off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Honda going 2 years without a visible sponsor on their cars was stupid. Their "earthdreams" became the proverbial nightmare. Not to say that was the sole contributor to their withdrawal from F1.
    cy bais

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Well, it appears as if Toyota won't be following Honda out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7768596.stm

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Unlike Honda, Toyota do have sponsors so why mix it with Williams and all?
    Purely to justify remaining in F1 after sacking thousands of workers worldwide.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Purely to justify remaining in F1 after sacking thousands of workers worldwide.
    Their advertising in Europe is heavily based on F1, I doubt they will give up, especially if the bill si footed mostly by Panasonic and Co.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    E
    And I would like to see Trulli finally on slick tyres. It has been at times guessed that grooved tyres have hindered his potential (don't know, how true is this).
    yep, alongside with global warming, his intestinal bacterial florae and Bernie's haircut
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    How could Honda promote its involvement in F1 these past couple of years? We really suck in F1, but we still make good cars.

Toyota has had its moments, but the team is not the laughing stock that Honda became. My hope (for a lot of reasons!) is that this recession is not extended past late next year, and with Toyota's deep(er) pockets, it remains in F1 for years to come.

Course, with Max "Spanky" Mosley and Bernie "I can't believe I put it all in her name" Ecclestone in charge, the (wild and delusional) rumors of warmed over Cosworth XFE's and Panoz DP01's being the future of F1 might not be so far off the mark. Excuse me, I think I just threw up in my mouth.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yup... it's blows goats!!

In a few years I won't have to complain about not having an F1 race here. As I can see spec. racers in the IRL everyday