Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bob Jenkins? YES!!

It is only rumored from AR1, but Bob Jenkins may be the new announcer for the IRL next year, great news if true. I really hope they keep Scott Goodyear too. Goodyear really has a way of explaining the IRL to the fans, he really describes whats going on. I like that.

THUMBS UP!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If they are going to go retro I'd rather see Paul Page. I'm sure most of this has already been hashed out over here.
    get a 1994 Lola or Reynard and put a Cosworth engine in it, sounds great, runs great, looks great...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did have a hope that things would change for the better. Irl is complete disaster. Cars ,tv, tracks like dover etc. Thank God for hondas $ to keep this thing going. Bob is old and can't remember names and Goodyear sucked as driver and he don't have a clue in a booth and he insults intelligence of any fan that knows racing.They want old then Poul Page would be much better choice and Jon B. can explain racing and Indycar better then enyone. Do I dare dream glory days of Indycar. YES!
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennybigb
    It is only rumored from AR1, but Bob Jenkins may be the new announcer for the IRL next year, great news if true. I really hope they keep Scott Goodyear too. Goodyear really has a way of explaining the IRL to the fans, he really describes whats going on. I like that.

THUMBS UP!!!
    While I applaud the addition of Jenkins, there have been many other folks in the past who did a vastly better job than Scott Goodyear. After all he couldn't even figure out it was a bad idea to pass a pace car...

Scott Pruett (probably unavailable due to the fact he is still racing), Parker Johnstone, Jan Beekhius (spelling?) immediately come to mind.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jenkins is an excellent choice, I thought he did a great job on the Australia coverage. A nice change from the hyped up Marty Reid. According to Curt Cavin Jon Beekhuis is one of the top choices for cohost.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    Jenkins is an excellent choice, I thought he did a great job on the Australia coverage. A nice change from the hyped up Marty Reid. According to Curt Cavin Jon Beekhuis is one of the top choices for cohost.

Now if we can just get Gary Gerold back in the pit lane...

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've got no idea who the first color guy should be but Eddie Cheever should also be in the booth. He was entertaining during Indy this year. Get Jan Beekhuis and Vince Welch in the pitlane. And try to get Jamie Little.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    I've got no idea who the first color guy should be but Eddie Cheever should also be in the booth. He was entertaining during Indy this year. Get Jan Beekhuis and Vince Welch in the pitlane. And try to get Jamie Little.
    I'd like to see Cheever back too.
    YOUR FAVORITE DRIVER...
    is not half bad now that I think about it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree Jamie Little would be an asset, but I just do not see her going from NASCAR/ESPN to IRL/VS. Goodyear is also locked in with ESPN for the next several years and I don't think he'd be allowed to go to VS under his contract. Sometimes the networks allow hosts some leeway on other networks, but Goodyear wasn't optimistic about that recently on Trackside Radio.

BTW, are we talking Jenkins for VS, or for both ESPN and VS? Because I believe it's still Marty and Scott on all ESPN broadcasts, but I could be wrong.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Lucky lucky you.

We'll probably be stuck with Gary Lee and Larry Rice again over on Sky.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)