Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I agree with Fred and Loeb. The FIA World Championships are not charity foundations.
    But at least one could die unless serious changes are not made to its technical regulations.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When I first became involved in motorsport everbody with the exception of Ferrari used the Cosworth DFV and we had some exciting racing so whats the problem folks?

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I really don't understand, what was wrong with the 2002 rules that since then FIA has wanted to change them so much and so often.

Cutting costs? Well, have the budgets of teams decreased since 2002? No! So why bother?
    The domination of Ferrari? In F1 there have always been some shorter or longer periods, when one team dominates. It doesn't mean this lasts forever, situations in F1 alter quickly. 2002 was simply one extraordinary year and it doesn't mean future would have been like that too.
    Reduce speeds? This one I can understand to (some) extent and some compatible changes have been made.

Now with standard engines Max seems to have a radical idea about cutting costs - to get the biggest spenders (aka factory teams) out of F1. :

Here seems to be a discussion about WRC vs F1 situation.
    Well, WRC is in a different situation and considering their current low, the changes are needed - arguably in 2010 we could see more manufacturers (maybe 6-7 instead of current 4), so that's a step forward. However, I don't see, how will the standard engine improve the state of F1 - it may actually diminish the amount of teams.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator/61
    When I first became involved in motorsport everbody with the exception of Ferrari used the Cosworth DFV and we had some exciting racing so whats the problem folks?
    well this is fine as long as FIA allows any team that want to build their own engines can. I thought the supertech was the hot tech but they never kept the power up.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I agree with Fred and Loeb. The FIA World Championships are not charity foundations.
    I thought they were. It's my understanding that the FIA is a non-profit organization.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Loosely speaking---maybe Not for profit organizations
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Alonso threatens to quit in 2010

Double world champion Fernando Alonso would think about quitting Formula One if the sport adopted a standard engine from 2010
    a big serious threat ...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I thought they were. It's my understanding that the FIA is a non-profit organization.

It depends on what you define as "profit"?

An awful lot of money moves around in Motorsport and some people have definitely profited through the FIA and their roles in the organisation.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    http://eurosport.yahoo.com/03122008/...quit-2010.html

...they adopt the stupid standardized engine rules.

I completely agree with his comments and will be right there with him leaving the sport as it will be pretty much a diseased carcass of the sport I used to like.

My only hope is for LH to win again in 2009 so that I won;t feel bad abandoning F1 by 2010.
    If this standard engine happen, say goodbye to F1 as we know it, becasue we might aswell call it A1GP,
    Jenson Button fan till i die
    He Who Dares Wins :)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Good to see a driver with some principles at last. Hopefully this, combined with similar threats from Ferrari and Toyota, will be enough to blow this retarded idea completely out of the water for good.