Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Forget the medals...I got the plan!

Forget the medals...here we go!

The circus called "professional" wrestling has also long been suspected of using team orders to affect the outcome of their events so lets take a page from their playbook.

First, quailifying will be done by drawing driver names out of a hat to establish starting grid positions. Next, the winning driver and the winning team principal will be awarded a belt with a huge, god-awful looking, gaudy, garish buckle on the front proclaiming the wearer to be the world champion. They will retain their championships until the outcome of the next grand prix, i.e., if they win again, they remain champions. If there is a new winner, the belts are relinquished to the new winners. The purse normally paid to the world champion at the end of the season will now be split into equal portions for each grand prix and that event's winner will be paid that portion.

Not only would the teams save money and wear & tear by not having to quailify, but in theory we could have 18 different champions over the course of the season. The random starting grid and winner take all reward system ought to liven things up.

This idea is sooooooo stupid, Bernie might go for it.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I actually think that will work better than the medals :
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7

The circus called "professional" wrestling has also long been suspected of using team orders to affect the outcome of their events so lets take a page from their playbook.

First, quailifying will be done by drawing driver names out of a hat to establish starting grid positions. Next, the winning driver and the winning team principal will be awarded a belt with a huge, god-awful looking, gaudy, garish buckle on the front proclaiming the wearer to be the world champion. They will retain their championships until the outcome of the next grand prix, i.e., if they win again, they remain champions. If there is a new winner, the belts are relinquished to the new winners. The purse normally paid to the world champion at the end of the season will now be split into equal portions for each grand prix and that event's winner will be paid that portion.

Not only would the teams save money and wear & tear by not having to quailify, but in theory we could have 18 different champions over the course of the season. The random starting grid and winner take all reward system ought to liven things up.

I think you might be right with that last sentence!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7

Bernie would probably screw that up by making it more like boxing: 4 belts and you don't know who to call the champion.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    love the idea but i was thinking about having a phone vote at every event where viewers can vote for their favourite driver. The driver with the most votes wins the race 2nd favourite gets 2nd place and so on.

You could further heighten the excitement by having a eurovision style "hello Ireland this is Oslo calling" results phone in.

By adopting this method the most popular driver wins so nobody can moan and Bernie recoups some of his lost millions by scraping a percentage off the cost of the calls.

F1 is dead........long live WWF1!

Richard

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 71minus2
    By adopting this method the most popular driver wins so nobody can moan and Bernie recoups some of his lost millions by scraping a percentage off the cost of the calls.
    And no actual race is needed either. Imagine the cost savings
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And how green that is!!!
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion: