Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Really strange if true. Meeke's deal was published at the end of 2015 as a "three-year deal".

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/decem...7--12-12-.html
    With all due repect, Alan Panasse does not know what is in anyone's private contract, other than his own drivers.

2. Likes: AL14 (26th April 2017),steve.mandzij (26th April 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Really strange if true. Meeke's deal was published at the end of 2015 as a "three-year deal".

Have to assume it's a mistake from Penasse. And if so it shouldn't really have been published. Or at least have an editor's note added against the quote.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

4. Likes: Allez Andruet (26th April 2017)
    Liked 5,531 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    You have some source for this info Andre?
    Not officially. I will be not surprised if Andreas ended as Seb and Ott team mate

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Not officially. I will be not surprised if Andreas ended as Seb and Ott team mate
    You mean because of the money boost they'd get from official Ford support? I'm not even sure if I'd prefer Mikkelsen to Evans. Evans showed good pace, setting fastest stage times at all events but Corsica. He's been slowed down by time penalties and technical issues, as well as the DMack tyres. I reckon he'd be Tanak/Sordo/Latvala-fast were he on Michelin rubber; that's also where I assume Mikkelsen is at. So the biggest boost would be that they wouldn't have to finance the third car with DMack money.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts

Probably it is a 2+1 three-year deal both parties having an option to end it after this season.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

8. Likes: pantealex (26th April 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    You mean because of the money boost they'd get from official Ford support? I'm not even sure if I'd prefer Mikkelsen to Evans. Evans showed good pace, setting fastest stage times at all events but Corsica. He's been slowed down by time penalties and technical issues, as well as the DMack tyres. I reckon he'd be Tanak/Sordo/Latvala-fast were he on Michelin rubber; that's also where I assume Mikkelsen is at. So the biggest boost would be that they wouldn't have to finance the third car with DMack money.
    Facts:
    - Evans has won 3 stages in Monte that were dry tarmac while cold. (unclear how much tire related it is, but certainly there could be big differences in compound performance for this un-normal conditions).
    - No stages won in Sweden, 2x 6th place best result
    - 3 x 2km street stages won in Leon in Mexico (with gravel tires on tarmac?)
    - best 1 7th place on Corsica (only worse WRC on that stage was Lefevbre 0.3 sec behind)

I wouldn't say that it shows "good pace". Where he would be on same tires is just a guess, maybe he wouldn't even get the stage wins on Monte.
    Note that Evans has historically been best on tarmac and not so good on other surfaces. Reportedly this was why DMACK picked him after Mikkelsen refused to pay to drive. While it might make sense for DMACK, it's probably not a preferred choice for 2nd or 3rd manu car.

Anyway I think Mikkelsen at Ford is the least likely option atm. If Ford is going in they are unlikely to announce or sign any paper this early. Mikkelsen is impatient and wants to drive this year . So M-sport would have to use some own funds at least for the car (if not salary).
    This is imo unlikely as funds are needed for testing/developing the car so that Ogier and M-sport stay on top of the standings which in turn will convince both Ogier and Ford to join for 2018.

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Facts:
    - Evans has won 3 stages in Monte that were dry tarmac while cold. (unclear how much tire related it is, but certainly there could be big differences in compound performance for this un-normal conditions).
    - No stages won in Sweden, 2x 6th place best result
    - 3 x 2km street stages won in Leon in Mexico (with gravel tires on tarmac?)
    - best 1 7th place on Corsica (only worse WRC on that stage was Lefevbre 0.3 sec behind)

I wouldn't say that it shows "good pace". Where he would be on same tires is just a guess, maybe he wouldn't even get the stage wins on Monte.
    Note that Evans has historically been best on tarmac and not so good on other surfaces. Reportedly this was why DMACK picked him after Mikkelsen refused to pay to drive. While it might make sense for DMACK, it's probably not a preferred choice for 2nd or 3rd manu car.
    Touché. My memory has really failed me here.

11. Likes: pantealex (26th April 2017)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Meeke has a contract for next year 100%. Citroen wouldn't sack one of the fastest, if not thee fastest driver in the WRC and Meeke would be happy to work with Seb in same team (if that does end up happening). He feels he can beat anyone and Seb isn't a problem to work with.

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Time for a Pickems on where Mikkelsen will go ?
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Time for a Pickems on where Mikkelsen will go ?
    My money on WRC
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI